Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Difficulty holding plectrums due to fingers sweating - Technique Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Difficulty holding plectrums due to fingers sweating

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• axisus said:
    I could never hold plecs for strumming, always dropping them or misholding them. I changed to no plec at all (many years ago), and much prefer the feel without. 
    Eaxctly this
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257

I bought some of these while I had a finger injury. They are spring loaded and a much better shape than traditional 1 piece thump picks.

They are Black Mountain Thumb Picks.

If I can find where I put them you can have them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MellishMellish Frets: 945
    @fretmeister ; Fred Kelly makes a similar one but no spring, the Bumblebee :) 
  • ditchboyditchboy Frets: 186
    I’ve always had this problem. Not from sweating but my hands are dry and not very oily. I use gorilla snot but it’s far from ideal. I think my technique has improved a little recently, I’m not strumming as perpendicular as I was and I think this has helped. Happy for people to provide links to the various picks though. Some aren’t easy to find. 
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1715
    Climbers chalk or gorilla snot. The problem with gorilla snot is it dries out in the tub before you get very far down it so it can end up expensive. I find it works great though. Even if you haven't used that particular pick for a while it re-activates after a minute or so. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

• PALPAL Frets: 465
    If you happy with your picks just relax like anything if we are trying too hard at any thing we sweat I used to have this  problem
      but now it's fine ( I've been playing since 1960s ) The only thing I found that helped me was using the side of the pick instead
      of the point ! It sounds odd I know but we are all different it just made my picking more precise and relaxed. You will find
      what's right for you just try a few different things. Hope this helps.
  • Axe2GrindAxe2Grind Frets: 5
    You should try acrylic picks  like Gravity or V-Picks, I find as you're hand becomes sweaty, the acrylic material stick to your fingers better than anything else, not that my hands sweat really badly.