Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Leicester (and Leicester-ish) folks - the tricky second outing - Events Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Leicester (and Leicester-ish) folks - the tricky second outing

What's Hot

Comments

• ellwoodellwood Frets: 1111
    I am 50/50 at the moment. Depends on events during the day. Will keep you posted 
    Would be great to see you, but no worries if you are busy. There’s a pretty good chance there will be another in Jan!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1170
    What’s parking like there? Never been before.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Loads of parking @Rowby1, they’ve their own large car park. 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    edited December 2021
    Loads of parking @Rowby1, they’ve their own large car park. 
    The car park is on the right as you go through the arch/gates isn’t it. Main entrance to quad studios on the left.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    @Teyeplayer @mrkb thanks chaps. See you later :)
    Have just done a negative lateral flow test so car is packed with kit, see you all later!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24559
    I’ll be there - might be a bit late.

I highly recommend someone brings a bass - the one I’m bringing will be unplayable for anyone else…
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Well that was fun! Thanks @ellwood for organising it! Good to meet you and @Dazza and to see @mrkb and @Bridgehouse again.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DazzaDazza Frets: 90
    Good to meet you @Rowby1 (some skills there!) and @mrkb (superb multitasking - amazing) and @Bridgehouse (great bass playing as always) and of course @ellwood for another fun night, really appreciate you setting these up - look forward to the next one! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Thanks to everyone for coming out - had a great evening. Great to meet you @Rowby1 and @mrkb - and great to see @Bridgehouse and @Dazza ;

Will get the next one booked in and sorted asap!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    I had a great time, thanks for organising and all who attended. Was fun playing songs I’d not tried before and in a relaxed supportive atmosphere. I’m trying to remember what songs need a good listening to/crib sheet creating - Purple rain had potential, any others?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    edited December 2021
    Pictures or it didn’t happen….

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    Ha - that place hasn't changed much!

Just noticed this whole thing - glad you all had a good time :)
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...

Well it is the best venue around - large rooms, bass and guitar amps provided, good PA with mic’s provided, good drum hardware and easy to park outside- not sure there much need to change anything really.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    mrkb said:

Well it is the best venue around - large rooms, bass and guitar amps provided, good PA with mic’s provided, good drum hardware and easy to park outside- not sure there much need to change anything really.

I wasn't implying they did - just remember it fondly.
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    mrkb said:
    Pictures or it didn’t happen….

Great pics - thanks for this. And for finding the chord sheet
  • Sorry I couldn’t make it over last night gents, looks like you had a cracking time. All being well should be able to make it to the next one.
    Apologies - haven't had chance to sort out a jam this month. Will get one booked for Feb asap!
    No worries Nik! If you need a hand with any sorting just let me know mate.
    Apologies for the radio silence all. Have now employed some people so will hopefully get some of my time back. Anyone still interested in another jam?
  • You bet, let us know when -sorry I missed the last one! 
    If I’m available I’ll be there. 
    Yep I’m interested 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • If avail I’m happy to join in on vocals or guitar or both ( I know a few songs ) 
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8108
    Yes. Name some dates
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4327
    Depending on work as usual, always interested though!

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

Hi Nik, yep I’m up for it!
  • Can I join in?
    Can I join in?
    You’ll have to guess the date first! ;)

@ellwood - do you need any help booking a date?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1