Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Ancoats Guitars - notes from the shipping container - Made in the UK Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Ancoats Guitars - notes from the shipping container

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Keefy said:
    I like the look of that Islington, I love a good LP Junior! I idly went through the order sheet and racked up some mods before I got a grip on myself - very tempting!

Nice work fella :)
    Thanks dude! I always suggest having a beer or two before getting on the order form  ;) If you have any feedback about the form though I'm all ears - its a new addition to the website. Thanks.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • pigface said:
    oh man no way. ha ha. can you see this picture?
    I can't see this one. I could (yesterday?) see all your previous pics but they are now gone!
    well thats weird isnt it.  I wonder how that happened.  What do you use to post pictures?
    Imgur.com is the best for getting pics on here. 
    Thanks - I think this will probably be thre route I take
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Ancoats_GuitarsAncoats_Guitars Frets: 24
    edited October 2021

Finally got the pickups for these delivered today. Can't wait to get them out to their owners.  (Used Imgur for this upload as well so might have actually cracked it)

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Ancoats_GuitarsAncoats_Guitars Frets: 24
    edited October 2021
    Been working on this recently too. It's going to be a stand alone version of the new Islington. Basically a fully spec'd out New Islington with that cool deep German carve, 2 Tele pickups wired 4 way, locking tuners, Les trem and roller bridge, fully chambered ash body so it's nice and light. Can't wait to get this one finished! The names I'm thinking so far are either the NI 'deuce' or the NI '2x4'. What do you think?

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Chris.BChris.B Frets: 238
    Your photographs are appearing for me now - you've cracked it!

Nice work, it's good to see some innovation in your designs. 
  • #004  finished. It sounds and plays great. Really pleased with this one.  
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ^^^ Looks cool. Great to see a bit of real originality in the design! 

Need to get some good demo videos up to hear what it sounds like.  :)

• Hey. I've made a few very basic videos about the first few guitars out the door. Any recommendations for an easy way to record the amp properly so it's not just phone audio. Ideally something I can keep in the workshop. 
  • RustySpannerRustySpanner Frets: 525
    Great review from Dave Simpson.....

I think he likes it!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3165
    That’s really nice. 
  • I was in Cask on ancoats last Friday and saw a little flyer of yours in there at the bar. Great to discover a new local builder, I hope business flourishes for you chap. 
  • BeardyAndyBeardyAndy Frets: 679
    Here's my @Ancoats_Guitars New Islington (hi Dave), not the best pic but it's the only one on my phone atm...

This one's #6 off the line and it's such a lovely guitar to play, the neck profile is bang on. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3115
    They look great! Ann Coats was a backing singer along with Sally ford, for the smiths. 
  • Hiya!

Just a quick post to check on how things are going?

Hope all ok, not seen any out in the wild but some of the newer guitars on the website look bloody lovely. Looks like the designs are evolving nicely. 

• Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2100
    Hiya!

Just a quick post to check on how things are going?

Hope all ok, not seen any out in the wild but some of the newer guitars on the website look bloody lovely. Looks like the designs are evolving nicely. 

I think they are doing well! I've seen a few artists with them, one being Yard Act's guitarist. They suit that post-punk style!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DannyPDannyP Frets: 1521
    I'm not sure Dave frequents the forum anymore, but I worked with him on getting his marketing materials together, and it's great to see a lovely bloke enjoying some well-deserved success!

Here's some more backstory:

https://www.solopress.com/blog/start-up-stories/

• These guitars are ace, love the shape, the colours, the whole shebang!  It's great to see another Northerner doing great things.