Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Faulty Digitech JamMan Stereo Looper - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Faulty Digitech JamMan Stereo Looper

What's Hot
steveledzepsteveledzep Frets: 1146
Has seen little use in the 18 months I've had it.  When I power it up (original Harman psu) the Record and Play lights illuminate briefly then go off and "J5" appears in the window.  At this point it is totally unresponsive...nothing...zilch...just dead except for the window display.
Anyone experienced this?  Anyone know how to fix it?  All help appreciated TIA.
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Hello, yes I've had a very similar issue with one I had (similar error message, except as I remember mine would randomly switch itself off but then come back on again). I did contact the manufacturer about it, I will dig out their reply. I never got mine sorted in the end as I moved on to a different looper. Might be worth trying the manufacturer's suggestions though. I will come back...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • This is the email I received, not sure if it will help but here it is - Hello,          Usually when you connect it to the JamManager XT Software it tries to update firmware automatically, this is the default setting in the software. It's possible that it was updating and maybe never finished. I would try to hook it up again and go to the Edit and Preferences and force it to look for firmware and reflash to pedal. Try that (I included a screenshot) Also try the factory reset procedure: 1. Press and hold the STORE button while powering up the JamMan SoloXT. 2. When the display shows Fr, release the STORE button which will now be flashing. 3. Press the STORE button again.  This display will now show Fr? asking if you are sure you want to restore the internal memory to its factory state.  To abort this procedure at this time, press the EXIT button. 4. To confirm the restore procedure, press and hold the STORE button until bu5 appears in the Display.  The JamMan SoloXT will return to normal operation shortly as indicated by loop memory 1 being shown in the Display Let me know if you're still having issues. Regards, Technical Support Engineer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • (sorry, formatting all went out of whack!). You could email Digitech as well if it doesn't help as it seems like they do reply fairly quickly.
  • This is the email I received, not sure if it will help but here it is - Hello,          Usually when you connect it to the JamManager XT Software it tries to update firmware automatically, this is the default setting in the software. It's possible that it was updating and maybe never finished. I would try to hook it up again and go to the Edit and Preferences and force it to look for firmware and reflash to pedal. Try that (I included a screenshot) Also try the factory reset procedure: 1. Press and hold the STORE button while powering up the JamMan SoloXT. 2. When the display shows Fr, release the STORE button which will now be flashing. 3. Press the STORE button again.  This display will now show Fr? asking if you are sure you want to restore the internal memory to its factory state.  To abort this procedure at this time, press the EXIT button. 4. To confirm the restore procedure, press and hold the STORE button until bu5 appears in the Display.  The JamMan SoloXT will return to normal operation shortly as indicated by loop memory 1 being shown in the Display Let me know if you're still having issues. Regards, Technical Support Engineer
    Yes, I've held the Store button to effect factory reset but just the 2 lights followed by J5.  I've tried 2 other power supplies too, to no avail.  Thanks for your response @Supportact ;, I'll wait to see if anyone here has a solution.  I'll email Digitech tomorrow.
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2394
    edited September 2021
    The display J5 (JS?) is usually followed by the firmware number, e.g. 1.6. If that doesn't happen it's just possible that the firmware is corrupted or an update was incomplete. It might be worth trying a manual firmware update. Here is a link to the procedure:

https://help.harmanpro.com/jamman-stereo-manual-firmware-update

The update file is linked on the right side of that page [updJamManStereoTar.zip]

I had a JamMan Stereo that was really very good but I sold it after buying a Trio+. The JamMan does seem to have a few reported issues, particularly related to power supply and card. Maybe I was lucky but mine was faultless.
  • That looks very interesting @Jimbro66 .  I don't have the opportunity this evening, but I'll give it a whirl in the morning.  Thanks for taking the time to help, I'll let you know if it works.
  • Tried the manual firmware update as above.  No joy, thinks about it then just displays J5 as before.
    Tried the manual firmware update as above.  No joy, thinks about it then just displays J5 as before.
    That's disappointing. I'd hoped that might do the trick. Maybe contact Digitech tech support then? Here is the contact page:

https://help.harmanpro.com/contact-us
  • I was disappointed too @Jimbro66 .  I emailed Harman this morning and received a shocking reply this afternoon.  As I hadn't purchased my JamMan directly from them, they referred me back to the retailer telling me that they would be best equipped to advise me on my faulty unit.  I've replied asking them to forward my problem to their technical people.  After all, they manufacture the JamMan so I'd expect them to be far better than a retailer at diagnosing the problem with my looper.  Doesn't look like I'll be purchasing any further Digitech products !
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3116
    edited September 2021
    The grass is not always greener....
    https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/204913/boss-rc-3-problems

I bought mine 2nd hand so Boss aren't interested. I've learned all kinds of crazy ways to coax the pedal back to life! I only found one repairer who was prepared to take it on and it would have cost more than the pedal.
  • Not heard any more from Harman, they're clearly not interested in helping.  Thanks again @Jimbro66 ;
    Oh dear @NelsonP , thanks for that.  I've just acquired an RC-30, I've had one before and they appear to be reliable.

@WiresDreamDisasters thank you for your LOLs, pleased my dilemma entertained you, you vile and odious little man.  I could reciprocate LOLs to your mortgage thread, but I'm not that sort of person.  I'll maybe just have a quiet little titter to myself.
    edited September 2021
    Not heard any more from Harman, they're clearly not interested in helping.  Thanks again @Jimbro66 ;;
    If they have actually forwarded your problem to their technical bods it might be a few days before you get any response as they are probably busy helping the dozens of other people with Digitech equipment problems. Fingers crossed eh?

Edit: By the way, did you email Harman's general address or did you use the tech enquiry form that I linked to above? The latter should, in theory, get you straight to the support group.

• Jimbro66 said:
    Not heard any more from Harman, they're clearly not interested in helping.  Thanks again @Jimbro66 ;;
    If they have actually forwarded your problem to their technical bods it might be a few days before you get any response as they are probably busy helping the dozens of other people with Digitech equipment problems. Fingers crossed eh?

Edit: By the way, did you email Harman's general address or did you use the tech enquiry form that I linked to above? The latter should, in theory, get you straight to the support group.

I'd already emailed them prior to your link.  I just googled Digitech and it took me to where I could contact them, their general address I suspect.  I'll give it a couple of days and then email the harmanpro address in your link.  Thanks again.
  • OsteriOsteri Frets: 0
    Jimbro66 said:
    The display J5 (JS?) is usually followed by the firmware number, e.g. 1.6. If that doesn't happen it's just possible that the firmware is corrupted or an update was incomplete. It might be worth trying a manual firmware update. Here is a link to the procedure:

https://help.harmanpro.com/jamman-stereo-manual-firmware-update

The update file is linked on the right side of that page [updJamManStereoTar.zip]

I had a JamMan Stereo that was really very good but I sold it after buying a Trio+. The JamMan does seem to have a few reported issues, particularly related to power supply and card. Maybe I was lucky but mine was faultless.
    Any chance you could send me that firmware file? I tried to get access to the site but they bounced the email couple times and refused access basically after that.

My Jamman Stereo is starting with J5 and 1.3 but after that freezes with display showing "60"
    I guess the update process is same as with Jamman  Solo:
    https://help.harmanpro.com/Documents/2878/Manual Firmware Update Procedure for JamMan Solo XT.pdf

I'm interested to see if the firmware update does anything.