Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Bass shipping boxes? - Bass Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Bass shipping boxes?

What's Hot
jiiimjiiim Frets: 29
Can anyone recommend me a good supplier for a nice sturdy shipping box for a bass in its hard case?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    Try asking nicely at a local guitar shop. They are charged business rates for refuse disposal. Thus, your offer to carry one away might prove welcome.

Make certain that the box is of the correct dimensions to cover the hard shell case. (The majority will not.)
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ReggaebassReggaebass Frets: 54
    Bike shops sometimes have big boxes that you could adapt if you have no luck with a bass box
    Riddim up
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • casapetecasapete Frets: 5
    This ^^^.  I've had a few from Halfords who seemed pleased to get rid of them. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • jiiimjiiim Frets: 29
    edited August 2021
    In the end I bought one off reverb, it also came with some heavy duty bubblewrap too:

• grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1252
    Fishmongers? :) I'll get my coat...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • casapete said:
    This ^^^.  I've had a few from Halfords who seemed pleased to get rid of them. 
    yep - I think the double thickness cardboard is expensive for them to recycle. 

I got enough for two guitars and they were happy to give it away and apologised that they'd folded the boxes down! Why ever pay for a guitar box again?!
  • mbembe Frets: 1838
    Fishmongers? :) I'll get my coat...
    Get back to reading your Fish-Filleters Gazette!
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 8909
    https://www.sellusyourguitar.co.uk/product-page/guitar-packaging-acoustics-or-guitars-with-hard-cases

I used one recently for a Jaguar in a case (slightly too long for a Strat/Tele case sized box). Decent box for the price.
  • CE1CE1 Frets: 565
    I have one here in Tamworth if you are close, it came with my Jazz, couple of marks but they could be taped up.
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 4987
    Wherever he got this one?