Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). WITHDRAW All original 1963 Guild Starfire III - Guitars £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

WITHDRAW All original 1963 Guild Starfire III

What's Hot
luked86_luked86_ Frets: 31
edited October 2023 in Guitars £
Putting this one back up for sale and using original listing 

1963 guild starfire iii. This is a wonderful instrument totally original with its old case. Lovely cherry pinstriped body and possible a Brazilian rosewood neck which was used during this period of production?.
I've had this guitar over 20 years only selling due to needing to sort other things out. Like I say totally 100% a perfect vintage guitar it's sounds terrific plays perfect and sounds sweet as. Any interest please let me know thanks for taking the time to check it out

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 5837
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1296
    Oof, that's very nice.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • luked86_luked86_ Frets: 31
    Thanks man it's a beauty of a guitar wish I could hold on to it but times and circumstances are forcing a sale 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited October 2023
  • For my tastes truly one of the greatest guitars, from Guild's finest era. Handmade over the Hudson in New Jersey overlooking Manhattan just as rock and roll and the British invasion hit. Beaut. GLWTS!
    Absolutely they are lovely guitars, your tempting me to keep it 
    Bump open to a decent offer 
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 5837
    I've never seen an all metal bridge like that before. Fretboard is in fine condition...

• PigknowsPigknows Frets: 39
    edited July 2021
    I believe that the aluminium bridges were common on the SFIIIs (factory Bigsby) and wooden bridges were the norm on SFIIs (including those with aftermarket Bigsbys). I've had both and for the kinds of music I play I prefer the aluminium bridge - more twang and presence, less 'woody's as you'd expect. That said, I also had a Dearmond T400 with a floating wooden bridge and it sounded wonderful. Whatever, they're great guitars
    Bump
    Bump 
    edited October 2023
    edited October 2023
  • Bump 
  • Pigknows said:
    I believe that the aluminium bridges were common on the SFIIIs (factory Bigsby) and wooden bridges were the norm on SFIIs (including those with aftermarket Bigsbys). I've had both and for the kinds of music I play I prefer the aluminium bridge - more twang and presence, less 'woody's as you'd expect. That said, I also had a Dearmond T400 with a floating wooden bridge and it sounded wonderful. Whatever, they're great guitars

My II has an aluminium bridge too! 

• WezVWezV Frets: 15793
    the aluminum bridge is a standard bigsby part, often supplied with the trems.  Makes sense that some with factory fitted Bigsby's also used the bridge
  • Thanks for chipping in guys the aluminium bridge does add twang. These old guilds are fantastic guitars 
  • Bump
  • Putting this beauty back up for sale 
    edited October 2023
    Bump
    edited October 2023
    edited October 2023
  • ZoonyboyZoonyboy Frets: 152
    I had a T-100D in 1976, the model that became the Starfire, it was cherry, mahogany body and had a Bigsby with aluminium bridge, so it does seem standard for Guild to do that.