Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). ***SOLD AND GONE*** For Sale: EBMM Stingray 5 string. - Basses £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

***SOLD AND GONE*** For Sale: EBMM Stingray 5 string.

fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257
edited June 2021 in Basses £

THIS BASS HAS BEEN MODIFIED.

I love this bass, but even with its very low weight for a stingray 5 at 8.9 lb (kitchen scale reading)  I can’t cope anymore. Back and shoulder pain along with post hernia surgery weakness mean that my limit is now far lower.

It’s a 2005 limited model in Buttercream. The previous owner swapped the scratchplate to the silver paisley.

I did more modifications including replacing the tuners for Hipshot Ultralites and swapping 3 of the heavy metal control knobs for lightweight plastic ones. The 3 are for the EQ and the regular metal one is the volume. Even just swapping 3 of the knobs lowered the weight a couple of hundred grams.

The biggest modification is one you can’t see - at one point this was changed to a PJ bass so there is PJ routing under the scratchplate. There is a thread on here showing it in that configuration. It was great like that but I’ve had it put back to being a Stingray to sell it. The routing was done professionally as was the putting  it back to being a Ray.

It sounds brilliant and if it was 2lb lighter (I wish!) I would be keeping it. Everything works as it should and here are a few dings as expected for a 2005 bass. 

the outside photos were taken today in bright sunshine which makes it look more yellow than it is. Other photos are older but probably show the colour better - it’s quite a gentle colour.

Collection from Northants just north of Towcester. About halfway between J15A and J16 on the M1.

I really don't know how to price this, but I'm guided by used sales for unmodified instruments at a higher price, and because when Stingray necks come up for sale they can make £600 alone, not even with tuners on them.

£999 ono.

Collection only.

It does come with the official case and with the original tuning heads (the Hipshots were about £130 for the set of 5)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments