Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). RIP Merlin my Dorset Witch Cat. - Tributes Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

RIP Merlin my Dorset Witch Cat.

What's Hot
Poor old bugger had to be put down down the night before we went on holiday. It was awful, and now we are moggy-less for the first time in about 15 years.

Thing is, we had always said once he'd gone we would t replace him because now we have kids and its a bit of a tie when you want to go away, although our neighbours have always been fantastic when it comes to looki g after him.

However, now the dust has settled we all seem to miss having a cat in the house, especially my 6 year old boy, who it would seem was more attached to merlin that we thought!

I'm not sure i can be arsed to go through the whole cat shit all over the place for weeks bit of rehoming a cat again, but there are a lot of moggies needing homes round here.......
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    I'm very sorry to hear that :(

Would quite like to see a picture if you can manage it.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2725
    :(  That's really sad....  sorry to hear about your loss.

Cat's are ace and when you get over the loss, I hope you find another one that becomes part of the family.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • The trouble is with all pets especially cats is that they have such massive personalities and we've always been lucky, but I know folks who've adopted a cat and its been a complete psychopath !!!
  • Cats leave pawprints on your heart. Sorry for your loss. No other cat will replace Merlin but if you get another one you and the family will learn to love him too, for who he is and not as a surrogate Merlin.

All the best.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 7616
    edited September 2013 tFB Trader
    I have four ... and if any of you ever find a stray cat hair on one of your pickups ... it will be from Hamlet ... our 16 year old elder statesman ... who feels that the workshop is as much his as mine, and that I really need an assistant to sit on the winding bench and supervise. Sorry to hear of your loss ... don't be catless dude ... the see things people never can ... including the 'good' in just about everyone.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5698

Sorry to hear that dude.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Shit, that's a pisser. It's the reason I never got any more cats, I just couldn't stand the pain the last time around.

• bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    what the other guys of said.   
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • I love cats; sorry to hear of your loss.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33263
    Sorry to hear it mate.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3178
    Sorry to hear that.

All the best
  • What a real bummer it is always hard for us cat owners when we lose them. 

Gutted for you dude.
  • :( Sorry to hear it. Nothing can replace the bond you have with a kitty.

But the joy of bonding with a new one certainly helps with the healing, especially if it's a psychotic kitten ;)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • Thanks guys

The great thing about Merlin was he had 6 claws on each foot and this was allegedly a breed that was kept around Portland Port as they were great ratters

From our point of view it was like he had opposable thumbs and he could actually hold a pen!!

Hilarious

Poor old bugger - miss him terribly. We are a daft lot aren't we.
  • Travisthedog;29771" said:
    We are a daft lot aren't we.
    Not at all - he sounds like he was a character. It's perfectly natural to miss an animal you loved.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6284
    Travisthedog;29771" said:
    We are a daft lot aren't we.
    Not at all - he sounds like he was a character. It's perfectly natural to miss an animal you loved.
    This 100% !!
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    sorry to hear that :(
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • Sorry fella. I always think a cat makes a home. My kids love our two idiot cats.
    You can now read my guitar ramblings here http://www.gearnews.com and here https://guitarbomb.com 

• We were of a similar mind when my first cat passed, due to kidney failure.  But immediately the house just felt so empty, the smallest member of our family made the biggest impact - within about a week Id agreed to accept three rescue kittens who have been part of our family since - absolutely no regrets and in my mind losing my original cat was just the catalyst to helping three others.

You won't regret it..
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8201
    Poo :(
    My V key is broken
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4843
    Sorry for your loss my friend.  To be owned by a cat is one of life's secret pleasures.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• Sorry to hear it, Jon. :(