Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Composition Challenge #4 - Excerpt from Night of the Living Dead 1968 - Making Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Composition Challenge #4 - Excerpt from Night of the Living Dead 1968

What's Hot

Comments

• You still have time my lord
    Old Is Gold
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • You still have time my lord
    I wish it were true my liege
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • don't give up!
    Old Is Gold
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    don't give up!
    'Cause you have friends.

(Still sore about missing out on KB)
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    Oooh! this looks like fun!

I'll see if I can find time ....
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4353
    edited September 2014
    Where can we listen to the entries for this one? (Do you wait until all entries are in prior to putting them online?)
  • davewwdaveww Frets: 165
    Just sent my effort in.  Found it fun but hard to come up with something quickly and play it whilst watching the video.
  • Where can we listen to the entries for this one? (Do you wait until all entries are in prior to putting them online?)
    Yeah they all get put up together at the end.
    Old Is Gold
  • Last day peeps get your entries in
    Old Is Gold
  • Not many entries so far, perhaps this was a bridge too far!
    Old Is Gold
  • Will announce next challenge after entry closes.
    Old Is Gold
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    Found this too late unfortunately! 
  • Next challenge will be a bit more open ish
    Old Is Gold
  • I'm afraid I lunched out on this one. I got as far as trying to load the video into Cubase but encountered compatibility problems between the file type, my media player and Cubase SX which I never sorted out. Working out some way to watch the vid and play guitar at the same time proved too much of a barrier, I'm afraid.

I'm in for the next one though (so long as it doesn't involve video).
  • I wanted to as i love the concept i just ran out of time I'm afraid
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24595
    edited September 2014
    Bollocks .. I forgot .... let's see what I can do in a couple of hours ....

I blame the Scots in the bottom of the forum ... :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • @Antique_Guitars am i right in thinking it cant be a cover?
  • thecolourbox;353060" said:
    @Antique_Guitars am i right in thinking it cant be a cover?
    What do you mean the next challenge?
    Old Is Gold
  • No this one, am trying to cram an entry in
  • thecolourbox;353068" said:
    No this one, am trying to cram an entry in
    Oh right err not really, just one take something interesting and send it over. Daveww sent over a really ace one take jambo!
    Old Is Gold
  • davewwdaveww Frets: 165
    Lol thanks but I don't know about ace.......  but I just mic'd up the amp and played it.  Then decided not to chicken out and sent it in!
  • 4 hours left peeps!
    Old Is Gold
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    4 hours left peeps!
    This months is well beyond my creative powers unfortunately!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • TTony said:
    4 hours left peeps!
    This months is well beyond my creative powers unfortunately!
    your not the only one
    Old Is Gold
  • I've just sent an entry in, could you let me know when you've got it please?
  • Ive got it!

Thats cool interesting idea very arty take on it.
    Old Is Gold
  • Excellent thanks, always worry that Hotmail will struggle to send something that big. Happy to say it took me an hour and a half, though technically I'd got the "vocals" ready weeks ago...

• less than two hours to go peeps
    Old Is Gold
  • 40 mins
    Old Is Gold
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24595
    Just sent mine in with minutes to spare .. took me two hours to complete ... must get organised.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!