Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Composition Challenge #3 - and the winner is ... - Making Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Composition Challenge #3 - and the winner is ...

What's Hot
Antique_GuitarsAntique_Guitars Frets: 1165
edited December 2014 in Making Music
Steamabacus

Massive congratulations to you!

@steamabacus Please get in touch at fretboardchallenge AT gmail.com and send me your address so I can post the prize off to you.

Well done to everyone that submitted!!

All the tracks are brilliant and I do hope you all will submit something for Fretboard Challenge #4.

Old Is Gold
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1239
    <:-P :O) \:D/ :O) <:-P

Woohoo! I'm well chuffed. There were lots of excellent entries again (well done to everyone) and, thanks to the new voting method, I really had no idea who was going to end up with most points.

It makes those first few fruitless hours slaving over the original 'impossible' chords worthwhile.  ;)

@Antique_Guitars ; -  email incoming.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Nice one! Congrats to @steamabacus
  • davewwdaveww Frets: 165
    Well done @steamabacuc congrats
  • Congrats!
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    :) congrats
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24595
    @steamabacus .. well done mate. Top tune .... :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    Cheers, guys.

:)
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Nice one and congratulations.  Good fun this challenge
  • BasherBasher Frets: 1071
    edited August 2014
    Congratulations @steamabacus
    Some lovely stuff this time. Maybe sometimes less is indeed more.*

*Edit. To be clear, I mean "less" as in restricted harmonic information. Not less effort. Just though I'd clear that up!

• xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2959
    Well done @steamabacus. Richly deserved. 
    When the prize arrived in the post the other day, I'd totally forgotten about it and so it was a pleasant surprise when the postman called. I'm a total delay pedal nut so the Belcat Analog Delay was the perfect prize for me. It can join my growing collection of delays and take its place with pride - it's a great little delay pedal. My collection now consists of ...

Arion SAD-1, Boss DD-3, TC Flashback, Line6 DL4  (on my 'delay board')
    Arion SAD-1  (on my 'portable board')
    no-name 'Purple' delay, Aria DD-X5 (on an fx board I've put together for the bassist in my new ambient improv project)
    Arion SAD-1, Belcat DLY-503 ('spares')

...erm, I think that's all of them.   :)

Here's a short track I recorded of the Belcat making friends with the four delays on my delay board...

https://soundcloud.com/steam-abacus/another-delay-08082014

Thanks again to all the other entrants and voters who make these challenges so much fun.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Sounds great nice job, glad your enjoying the pedal.
    Old Is Gold
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    Those Belcat delays are ace. 

I used to have one ages ago.
  • davewwdaveww Frets: 165
    Cool! Gonna have to get me some more effects.  Oddly I've never really used delay.