Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Roland parts / spares UK ? - Other Instruments Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Roland parts / spares UK ?

Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
edited May 2021 in Other Instruments
Does anyone know of a decent supplier for parts for Roland keyboards in the UK?  Roland UK themselves are fucking useless.

Edit: I've just discovered that Roland no longer sell spare parts to anyone that isn't a Roland authorised service centre.  "Right to Repair" comes to the UK....  Bastards.
Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2703
    Emp_Fab said:
    Does anyone know of a decent supplier for parts for Roland keyboards in the UK?  Roland UK themselves are fucking useless.

Edit: I've just discovered that Roland no longer sell spare parts to anyone that isn't a Roland authorised service centre.  "Right to Repair" comes to the UK....  Bastards.
    We are an official service centre and can order parts.

There are probably a few keyboard repairers who have a stock of some Roland parts, but there are so many parts I'm pretty sure no-one will have that extensive a stock.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9089
    Emp, thought you’d found the parts in the states?
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
    I have - the parts come to $21.  By the time insured shipping, VAT and Handling fees are added, that 21 bucks turns into no less than 76 QUID!  If I can get the parts in the UK it will be much cheaper.
    Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9089
    You prolly won’t pay duty on $21!!!! Or a handling charge!...

I bought a big bag of plectrums from the states, came to $30 plus the shipping...

no issues at all!.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
    edited May 2021
    Great!  If I send you $30 can you order them for me then?  The shipping alone is 60-odd dollars !!
  • paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 782
    jpfamps said:
    Emp_Fab said:

There are probably a few keyboard repairers who have a stock of some Roland parts, but there are so many parts I'm pretty sure no-one will have that extensive a stock.

@jpfamps Im book marking this.......

Tried to contact an "official service centre" provided me by roland a few weeks back.  Never got an answer from them by EMail or by telephone (left messages).   As it is, I fixed the issue myself (sticky key on an RD2000 - got a knock and the guide bit pushed two keys together) BUT for anything down the line (given I have the RD, a Fantom, and TR8)....
  • uksaint7uksaint7 Frets: 256
    jpfamps said:

I'll drop you a pm if that's ok. I did email my local Roland spares stockist a few weeks ago after a couple of bits but never heard back.
  • The Music Station in Swansea used to be a Boss/Roland centre. Don’t know if they still are.