Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). What do you call these chords? - Technique Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

What do you call these chords?

What's Hot
EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
edited July 2014 in Technique
Root +5th+7th+octave. And root+2nd+4th+5th. Or actually the same chord but one with the root in the bass and one with the 4th in the bass. So I could also write that as root+5th+7th+octave and 4th+5th+7th+octave. So, chords with no 3rds but not just power chords. Just writing out a song for the other guitarist and I'd like to appear a smart arse! Ta.
I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    :) that's a big smiley face cause you can't put them in new Discussion opening posts for some reason.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    Depending on the context it's just a "no third". Lots of jazz voicings miss the third
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    edited July 2014
    Yep. Minor or dominant 7ths, depending on where your inner voice hears the 3rd. Can fit either. Best to call it a power chord with a sus 4 and a dominant 7th.
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    Ahh, cheers. :) it's in a blues, I think the solo guitar over it is blues scale stuff so that will be playing between minor and major thirds I guess.