Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Paying it forward - Guitars £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Paying it forward

What's Hot

Comments

• 19791979 Frets: 85
    If anyone would like a 9v 1A centre negative boss-style pedal power supply and a daisy chain adapter with 5 right angle plugs to fit said power supply you are welcome.
    There is also 9v 500ma power supply with 5 plugs on a daisy chain that you can take too! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    @1979 - I was looking for just such a thing!  PM'd
    :)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Well that’s a result. Posted tomorrow to TT Tony
    Also, when you just need a Fender strap, one appears for you like magic! Hurrah! https://imgur.com/a/c7Ayl8G
    edited July 2021
    A bunch of stuff that I'll throw in for anyone that'd find any of it useful.

1.    Marshall AVT150 combo.  Free, if collected from IP22.  This is listed FT in the Amps£ section.
    1a.  If anyone fancies the amp part alone, I'm going to pull that out of the cab and will wrap & ship it.

Gone to the gent who is @sammysaber :)

2.  A set of active pickups for a P bass, with pots.  Branded FGI Technology.

3.  Wilkinson branded wrapover bridge - with the adjustable G/B strings, with posts.  Gold.  Gone to @jdbwales ;;

4.  iRig interface for guitar -> iPad.  It connects via the 3.5mm mic/headphone socket.

5.  Set of 3 single coil pickup covers (no holes for the pole pieces).  Black.  Gone to @paulnb57 ;;   

6.  40 plectrums - all theFB branded (so, super collectible memorabilia!!).  Leftover giveaways from the days when we did shows.  Gone to @paulnb57 ;; 

7.  A bit random this one ... a pilot's flying logbook.  Unused because I never filled any of it in.

8.  A set of 3 white black single coil Strat-style Wilkinson pickups.  Completely unused.  Read 9.7 (B) & 7.6 (M&NGone to  @Slimbert ;;

9.  Eagles - Hell Freezes Over tab book.

You're welcome, nay encouraged, to grab more than one item as that'll save me posting it all individually!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 2884
    @TTony ;Could I have the Black holeless pickup covers please?
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• ZenOvertoneZenOvertone Frets: 230
    edited July 2021
    A few tasty morsels to offer in this thread... 

Bear Straps Basic Electric black leather strap with Schaller straplocks  (strap gone now)
    Strat scratchplate from GFS drilled for three mini toggles including wiring diagram and Alpha pots, never used (intended for Brian May Strat wiring project)
    Approx 20 Fender Heavy 351 Confetti colour celluloid picks

https://imgur.com/gallery/cSUKDM3

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 2884
    edited July 2021
    Gone to @TTony  

Thanks to @TTony for his items, heres my offerings…

An Iron Hot Slag (Bridge) pickup with screws, springs and a decent length of wire

and

an Iron Gear HB Size P90 (Bridge) pickup, with spring and screws, in chrome, never been out of the box…

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Is it allowed to take again?

If so, those p'ups would be quite handy @paulnb57 ; and I'll have to find somethings else to offer up. 
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3116
    edited July 2021
    TTony said:

If so, those p'ups would be quite handy @paulnb57 ;; and I'll have to find somethings else to offer up. 
    No problem, have as many goes as you want, as long as you've still got something to put up in return
  • pruddprudd Frets: 593
    TTony said:

If so, those p'ups would be quite handy @paulnb57 ; and I'll have to find somethings else to offer up. 
    beat me to it on the Alchemist 90 there Tony :)
  • pruddprudd Frets: 593
    prudd said:
    Whilst I await the arrival of the computer interface I relieved @SPECTRUM001 of I will put up a job lot of  2 pick guards if anyone is in need of them.

both were bought new by me for 335/jazzbox projects that didn't happen and both are unused condition, one I bought from a guy in the States about 12 years ago, its handmade and I think it is Teak, the other one is your normal run of the mill made in China guard, still has the plastic film on it.

https://i.imgur.com/UaSVwK4.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/2UmZFmU.jpg

to go as a job lot please.

Still up for grabs
  • SlimbertSlimbert Frets: 332
    TTony said:

If so, those p'ups would be quite handy @paulnb57 ;;; and I'll have to find somethings else to offer up. 
    Bugger!

If you ever decide you can't find a use for the P90, I'll happily pop down for a natter and slip it in my pocket when you're not looking!

@slimbert @prudd - sorry guys, the P90 was really the one that grabbed my attention and prompted me to say "yes please".

You're always welcome to drop in if you're passing though! 

I'm going to edit my post above with some extra stuffs ...
    TTony said:
    @slimbert

I'm going to edit my post above with some extra stuffs ...
    I really wish I could move faster to get these things...but with 20st on a pirate peg leg, I don't have a hope in hell!

Regardless, I'm ready and waiting for whatever it is you're about to add...I've got quite a few bits sat doing nothing that might help a few people out on here...I absolutely LOVE this idea!
    @TTony Any idea what model the single coils are? Are they hot, vintage, etc? Could you get the multimeter out for me?

I'll have first dibs on those please.

I'll have a little look around tomorrow and get some things together. Must be a few half decent things sat around in drawers and cabinets.
  • DaveB666DaveB666 Frets: 85
    Right my Rokit R5s are on their way to a new owner. As well as postage I extracted an extra tenner from woodandwires to donate to charity. As such is their someone on the Fretboard who co-ordinates this or do we have a charity of choice? Failing that I will send to Cancer Research and post the receipt on here.
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 944
    TTony said:
    A bunch of stuff that I'll throw in for anyone that'd find any of it useful.

1.    Marshall AVT150 combo.  Free, if collected from IP22.  This is listed FT in the Amps£ section.
    1a.  If anyone fancies the amp part alone, I'm going to pull that out of the cab and will wrap & ship it.

2.  A set of active pickups for a P bass, with pots.  Branded FGI Technology.

3.  Wilkinson branded wrapover bridge - with the adjustable G/B strings, with posts.  Gold.

4.  iRig interface for guitar -> iPad.  It connects via the 3.5mm mic/headphone socket.

5.  Set of 3 single coil pickup covers (no holes for the pole pieces).  Black.  Gone to @paulnb57 ;;;;;   

6.  40 plectrums - all theFB branded (so, super collectible memorabilia!!).  Leftover giveaways from the days when we did shows.  Gone to @paulnb57 ;;;;;   
    6a.  Another 40-ish plectrums (as above, I found more of them, but not sure exactly how many!

7.  A bit random this one ... a pilot's flying logbook.  Unused because I never filled any of it in.

8.  A set of 3 white black single coil Strat-style Wilkinson pickups.  Completely unused.  Read 9.7 (B) & 7.6 (M&N) @Slimbert ;;;

9.  Eagles - Hell Freezes Over tab book.

You're welcome, nay encouraged, to grab more than one item as that'll save me posting it all individually!
    Hey Tony, could I grab those black Wilkinson strat pickups please?  I've still got my Artec Mini-Humbucker-sized Filtertron up for grabs, and I might be able to find some more pickups in the box too. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • WoodandwiresWoodandwires Frets: 166
    @DaveB666  I was very happy to donate to charity/Fretboard funds
    joetele said:
    Hey Tony, could I grab those black Wilkinson strat pickups please?  I've still got my Artec Mini-Humbucker-sized Filtertron up for grabs, and I might be able to find some more pickups in the box too. 
    @Slimbert - you called dibs on those first, subject to the details that I added in the original post.  Still want them, or can I let them go to @joetele ?

TTony said:
    joetele said:
    @Slimbert - you called dibs on those first, subject to the details that I added in the original post.  Still want them, or can I let them go to @joetele ?

Yes, I'd still like to take them, if possible.

I can send you the postage costs or collect them next time I'm passing. No idea when that might be though.

I've got a few bits to list, and I promise to give Joe first dibs on the pickups.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Sorry woodandwires that wasn’t meant to come over like you weren’t willing…….
    @Slimbert ; @jdbwales ;

Your "purchases" should be in the mail tomorrow.    What goodies have you managed to unearth at the back/bottom of your unused-stuff cupboards?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    TTony said:
    @Slimbert ; @jdbwales ;

Your "purchases" should be in the mail tomorrow.    What goodies have you managed to unearth at the back/bottom of your unused-stuff cupboards?

Quite a few bits and bobs, but a nasty ear infection has stopped play...I'll get 'em uploaded with photos in the next couple of days

Thanks, Tony.

• jdbwalesjdbwales Frets: 281
    TTony said:
    @Slimbert ; @jdbwales ;

Thank you Tony! I’ve got a few potentials, including a dummy coil and a Wilkinson 7.7k bridge Strat singlecoil!
    No one have any info about us supporting a specific charity? If not I’ll send the money to cancer research…..
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 11457
    DaveB666 said:
    No one have any info about us supporting a specific charity? If not I’ll send the money to cancer research…..
    I don’t think there is an agreed charity. Usually people donate to the board running costs. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2198
    munckee said:
    DaveB666 said:
    I don’t think there is an agreed charity. Usually people donate to the board running costs. 
    What he said ^^
    Happy to do that - next question is of course how?
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332