Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). The forum generating 100s of drafts is annoying! - Help & Feedback Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

The forum generating 100s of drafts is annoying!

What's Hot
And also they are a pain in the ass to delete! I find that about every third time I click on the little delete cross it decides to send me to the thread in question! I can't just leave them all there as I have GENUINE drafts that I have left there for my own purposes. 

Yeah, I know .... first world problems ....
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    I had a clear out a while back, but somehow up to 302
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    Last time we did a head count I had the most drafts ( not much of a claim to fame I’ll grant you) so unless there is a bulk way to delete them they will just remain/grow as trying  to delete individual drafts is tricky/ frustrating as you describe. But unless there is a capacity benefit to the forum in all drafts being deleted it doesn’t seem much of a problem.
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    Last time we did a head count I had the most drafts ( not much of a claim to fame I’ll grant you) so unless there is a bulk way to delete them they will just remain/grow as trying  to delete individual drafts is tricky/ frustrating as you describe. But unless there is a capacity benefit to the forum in all drafts being deleted it doesn’t seem much of a problem.
    Well it's a problem for me as I have draft that I am keeping for now! Usually something that I'm going to post about but it's not ready yet for one reason or another
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33263
    axisus said:
    Well it's a problem for me as I have draft that I am keeping for now! Usually something that I'm going to post about but it's not ready yet for one reason or another
    I just treat it like an email inbox or nasal hair- regular, final maintenance keeps it under control.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    octatonic said:
    axisus said:
    I just treat it like an email inbox or nasal hair- regular, final maintenance keeps it under control.
    My lock down hobby has been growing and learning to braid my nasal hair. 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    It's easy on a computer, but can be frustratingly difficult on a mobile device, or impossible if the thread title is long enough.

If you really need to get rid of a lot, you'd be best to borrow a computer...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3819
    ^^ or just use the mobile site and forget about them.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7708
    @axisus  you have to make sure the X button changes from black to grey, otherwise you open them, even if the hand symbol shows. It's annoyingly pernickety.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
    As I've moaned about before, the issue really is the small interval between the system saving automatic drafts.  @digitalscream - did you look into that last time mate ?
    Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    My lock down hobby has been growing and learning to braid my nasal hair. 
    Burn and twist 'em together into snotty dreads. 
    Be seeing you.
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6199
    On a phone it helps to zoom in to the naughty X. Makes it easier to click.