Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Best used bass for £200 ish? - Bass Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Best used bass for £200 ish?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• MudcrutchMudcrutch Frets: 323
    edited March 2021
    This was my first Fretless bass guitar.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_beatbass_fl_vs_vintage_series.htm

I bought it last year before the Brexit shit.

I absolutely love it to bits.

It’s my go to but a pain to play sitting down because it digs in under my ribs 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24559
    Best to not get me started on fretless..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    I'm waiting until you complete the transition by graduating to upright contrabass.

Sheila, take a bow. ;)
    Be seeing you.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24559
    I'm waiting until you complete the transition by graduating to upright contrabass.

Sheila, take a bow. ;)
    Nah. Ain’t gonna happen. I struggle to remain upright
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1625

Sheila, take a bow. ;)
    Nah. Ain’t gonna happen. I struggle to remain upright
    Slag!
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4680
    Used you may be able to get a scruffy Fender in-budget; the last two I've bought have been under your budget. (That's Fender, not Squier "as good as" ones.)

I had a SUB (by Music Man) bass which was probably the most solid instrument I've ever owned - I bought and sold it in-budget.

Some decent Yamahas can be had cheaply; it's not a brand which particularly does it for me, though.

It may be possible to build a decent one from parts, but beware, though, as I have seen some Squier parts being offered for more than a full instrument is worth.
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12324
    prowla said:
    Used you may be able to get a scruffy Fender in-budget; the last two I've bought have been under your budget. (That's Fender, not Squier "as good as" ones.)
    I think it's fair to say there is absolutely no way you're getting a proper Fender for £250 anymore. Squier Vintage Modifieds are that kind of money. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4680
    prowla said:
    I think it's fair to say there is absolutely no way you're getting a proper Fender for £250 anymore. Squier Vintage Modifieds are that kind of money. 
    I’ve noticed that Squier prices have got silly lately.