Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Double PRS NGD - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Double PRS NGD

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• They also now come with HFS/VB as standard now, I thought CU22s usually had lower output pickups unless I'm assuming that because the McCarty did.
    No they don't, a new one will ship with 57/08s - unless you pay for an artist package and swap something else in, or it's part of a limited run/special order etc.

Honestly, it says so on the PRS site.  The 57/08s are the alternate option, HFS/VB are the standards.  Either the website is wrong or the dealers you go to are picking the 57/08s for their stock.  Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if it was the latter, the new pickups feel more appropriate for it, a HFS is pretty hot and an acquired taste.

Not sure if this copy paste will work - >

I stand corrected! All of the CU22's I'd since the reintroduction of the model had 57/08s! :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2022
    Very nice :D

Normally I like the figured maple top ones but there's something about that copper one that just works really well.

I really like the sunburst one too, of course. :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 6724
    I'm surprised everyone seems to prefer the copper one. I showed my girlfriend and she said it was hideous.
  • Hey, not everyone! Not sure my view is quite as extreme as your girlfriend's but I definitely prefer the sunburst one, a lot. :)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    DefaultM said:
    I'm surprised everyone seems to prefer the copper one. I showed my girlfriend and she said it was hideous.
    I could equally say I'm surprised anyone likes the sunburst one! To me, that's the one which is absolutely hideous.

But I'm not really surprised - this is personal taste and it would be a dull world if we all liked the same thing...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

I think if the sunburst one had birds it would be too much for me. Really surprised with the copper one. It stays in tune better and trem is a lot sturdier.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2022
    DefaultM said:
    Oh I still prefer the sunburst one.
  • If you decide to move either on give me a shout, im in Sheffield and travel to Leeds quite frequently.

• I was watching that copper one. I've always loved the blazing copper CEs that they did. Hit me up if you decide to sell it on.  :)
    I bought it from him the day after the auction went live and he just left it running, so I was wondering what his plan would have been if someone hit the buy it now button.
  • Very nice GASsage. ;)
    I personally prefer the sunburst one. :)