Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Photo posting - Help & Feedback Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Photo posting

What's Hot
Hello all, for the life of my I can’t work out how to post pictures in my posts. Any ideas where I’m going wrong? I’m uploading to imgur, then posting the link to in the add file part of the post box.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2394
    edited February 2021
    It may be that you need to edit the link. Remove everything after 'jpg'.

Oh, and after putting the link in the add file box use the space bar, not the enter key.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4080
    edited February 2021
    First, make sure you're choosing the direct link - the one ending in .jpg - in Imgur.  Paste the link into the Attach file box (the one with the folded corner; it sounds like you're doing this), not into the main body of the post.  If you're on mobile, you often need to hit space to make the image appear.

EDIT - there's a Test Posts thread for you to have a play: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/17284/test-posts#latest
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Jimbro66 said:
    It may be that you need to edit the link. Remove everything after 'jpg'.

Oh, and after putting the link in the add file box use the space bar, not the enter key.

First, make sure you're choosing the direct link - the one ending in .jpg - in Imgur.  Paste the link into the Attach file box (the one with the folded corner; it sounds like you're doing this), not into the main body of the post.  If you're on mobile, you often need to hit space to make the image appear.

EDIT - there's a Test Posts thread for you to have a play: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/17284/test-posts#latest
    Amazing thank you! I was hitting the return key not the space key. Sorted.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter