Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Vox Re-issues...finally... - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Vox Re-issues...finally...

What's Hot
Teardrops and Phantoms £289...

La, la and laaa
imageimage

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Hmmm...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Instant Brian Jones!, or Will Sargeant!! I recall Billy Duffy sporting a 12 string phantom in The Sanctuary promo...... Shame they didnt refine the dodgy old wobbly vibrato as the modern trem doesnt look right. I dont suppose theres a 12 is there? The recent vox semis were cracking guitars....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I don't know tbh, but I must admit I wish they'd gone for a proper re-issue rather than a Strat.. Still, new plate, couple of P90s, could be nice :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Hmm in the youtube clip it sounded ace doing 60's stuff , just cant see this will appeal to metal heads and many modern players as the Vid attempts to aim for, for that money a Squier Classic Vibe gets the strat sound better and would be a better buy in the long run

• Crap, the phantom has just gone top of my xmas list now!
    Love the shape but not too sure about the strat look trem.
  • Hmm, think at that price they are worth a mod or 3...

• ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    Just for once I'm glad they're not accurate reissues.

I agree the Strat trem doesn't look right on them, but it might at least work without putting the whole thing instantly out of tune.

I'm surprised they couldn't get Trevor Wilkinson to come up with something suitable wonky-looking...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12286
    Crying out for Trev's Wigsby IMHO...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• Haven't these been available for ever through Brandoni in Wembley Brandoni Custom Guitars - original 60s bodies and all that. I think he does Eko too, if that's your thing.

• Haven't these been available for ever through Brandoni in Wembley Brandoni Custom Guitars - original 60s bodies and all that. I think he does Eko too, if that's your thing.
    My old Recording Studio I owned and ran was a couple of floors below Brandoni in that huge monolith of the old Wrigley's factory. I used to pop up all the time and tinker with these.
    You can now read my guitar ramblings here http://www.gearnews.com and here https://guitarbomb.com 

• JCA2550JCA2550 Frets: 417
    One look at the Teardrop and I've come over all "Mirror In The Bathroom".

Tres Cool!