Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Notifications by e-mail not working? - Help & Feedback Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Notifications by e-mail not working?

I've checked my notification preferences several times but I've never received an e-mail yet regarding any kind of notification. Not sure what, if anything I'm doing wrong?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Have you checked your spam folder?
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Yes, first thing I tried
  • Weird. I've just checked, and the emails are definitely being sent to you and they're being accepted by your email server.
    <space for hire>
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    I’ve had similar in the last day or so and googlemail had decided thefretboard emails were spam. I kind of agree with them, but have told google it’s wrong just to make me feel more popular ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • I'm the same and have been for about a year . I switched my account on here from hotmail to gmail and visa versa to try and fix it but still no luck. Nothing in spam folders in either account :-(
  • Weird. I've just checked, and the emails are definitely being sent to you and they're being accepted by your email server.
    Very strange. Not that much of a big deal, just a minor inconvenience!
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8108
    I'm the same and have been for about a year . I switched my account on here from hotmail to gmail and visa versa to try and fix it but still no luck. Nothing in spam folders in either account :-(
    There’s a known problem with Hotmail and other Microsoft email systems.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • I've had a couple of days of tFB emails going to Gmail spam (only PMs because I filter the general emails which is enough to keep them out of spam).
  • My PMs have started going into my gmail junk folder rather than inbox. Anything I can do to stop that @Roland @digitalscream ? Thanks. 
  • Roland said:
    I'm the same and have been for about a year . I switched my account on here from hotmail to gmail and visa versa to try and fix it but still no luck. Nothing in spam folders in either account :-(
    Cheers Roland but they didn’t end up in Gmail spam either. I’ll change my email address to gmail again and have another go
  • My PMs have started going into my gmail junk folder rather than inbox. Anything I can do to stop that @Roland @digitalscream ? Thanks. 
    If you set up a filter, it will flag it as spam...but...it won’t move it into the spam folder.
  • Roland said:
    Cheers Roland but they didn’t end up in Gmail spam either. I’ll change my email address to gmail again and have another go
    Switched me email on here again back to Gmail but no joy. I got the ‘confirm your email address’ email again which I replied to but since then I’ve had 2 PMs but no emails to let me know.
    Its not the end of the world so please don’t worry about it , it’s more of a heads up
    If you set up a filter, it will flag it as spam...but...it won’t move it into the spam folder.
    Set up a filter??
    @DrCornelius Your notification preferences are set for PMs, but blank for most other notifications. To fix this go to My Profile, which you do by clicking your username towards the top left of your screen. Next click the icon in the top right hand corner. (You won’t see the “Ban” option on yours). Select “Edit Profile”

Then on the left side of the screen select “Edit Preferences”

I feel a sticky thread is in the offing.

Set up a filter??
    Tell your email system what to do with incoming emails from theFretBoard. What you do varies from system to system. It might be as simple as telling your email that a message is not spam. You might have to add the sender to your address book
  • Roland said:
    @DrCornelius Your notification preferences are set for PMs, but blank for most other notifications. To fix this go to My Profile, which you do by clicking your username towards the top left of your screen. Next click the icon in the top right hand corner. (You won’t see the “Ban” option on yours). Select “Edit Profile”

Then on the left side of the screen select “Edit Preferences”

I feel a sticky thread is in the offing.
    Cheers Roland and I think we’ve made a breakthrough . When I check my notification settings they are all ticked bar the last one (notification when someone comments on a thread I’ve commented on). It sounds like that’s not what you see your end ?
    I should be seeing the same as you.