Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Search not working too well for me. - Help & Feedback Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Search not working too well for me.

What's Hot
It's a bit frustrating. I'm trying to find an old thread I started a few years ago on pickups. If I search 'pickups' in the title it brings up 34 pages of answers, but every time I click on page 2 it has changed the phrase to 'ickups' and there are zero results?

Can I search for just threads that I have started?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Try Googling (from memory):
    site:www.thefretboard.co.uk pickups axisus
    and dial it in from there.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    Try Googling (from memory):
    A very good suggestion!

However, after sifting through 15 pages of results I haven't found the thread!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Just tried it and got the same. Nothing on page 2 and ickups. Weird glitch. 
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    axisus said:

Can I search for just threads that I have started?
    You can get a list of all your discussions from your profile page. Doesn’t allow searching in those, just gives a chronological list. 
  • axisus said:
    Try Googling (from memory):
    A very good suggestion!

However, after sifting through 15 pages of results I haven't found the thread!
    Try some more Goo-Fu:
    site:www.thefretboard.co.uk “my lovely pickups” axisus

Stuff like that ;)
  • This pulls a specific bunch of your posts:
    site:www.thefretboard.co.uk "weird name” axisus

Lose the ‘marmite’ results with:
    site:www.thefretboard.co.uk "weird name” axisus -marmite

Just a random example.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    axisus said:
    It's a bit frustrating. I'm trying to find an old thread I started a few years ago on pickups. If I search 'pickups' in the title it brings up 34 pages of answers, but every time I click on page 2 it has changed the phrase to 'ickups' and there are zero results?
    This is a bizarre glitch with the letter p! Put a space before the search word and all the subsequent pages will work properly.

The search function is really poor in general though, it has to be said.

If it's a thread you started yourself it's probably easier to just select 'My Discussions' and go through them all.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    The google approach is usually your best bet. It gets a lot easier if you can remember any specific other words that were used in the thread
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    ICBM said:

If it's a thread you started yourself it's probably easier to just select 'My Discussions' and go through them all.
    er, yeah, there's over 2000! I was trying to avoid that!

I've often wished that you could download a file of all your thread titles, it is so cumbersome going through a page at a time.