Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). A hard man is good to find - Making & Modding Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

A hard man is good to find

I got a Hard Man Pup in the Post from Ash at Oil City Pick ups yesterday. Here is the guitar it's going in.
I metered the pup and it clocked at a shade under 12k dc resistance Mwahahaha.
Don't touch that dial.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5698
    NIce work that man. Sweet looking Strat too

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FezFez Frets: 472
    It's a bitsa so I guess could qualify as a DIY guitar. Plays pretty good though.
    Don't touch that dial.
    OK so this is how it went.
    I opened up the strat and metered the pups The bridge reads a little over 7k the other two 5.2k.
    so out came the middle pup a genuine 1963 one from my other strat.
    I put the 7k in the neck position the 5.2k Kent Armstrong in the middle and the new Oil City Hard Man in the bridge.

Sounds great clean and dirty, the metal plate does seem to smooth the pup a bit.
    Got a gig tomorrow but if I have time on Sunday I will try it with a compressor.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 7616
    tFB Trader
    I thought I did the top line on cheesy thread titles, but that goes the extra mile :) .... glad you like the pickup 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog

It's a line from a song off the Deep Purple album House of Blue light.
    Don't touch that dial.
    Used it at the gig last Saturday with the Marshall JCM900. I had taken the BYOC  od2 tube screamer clone with clean boost but didn't use it much as the Hardman was giving me all the boost required. Despite the strat going out of tune a couple of times we had great gig.

Don't touch that dial.
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 7616
    tFB Trader
    Cool ... glad to hear the HardMan's working for you ... they do give the old amp front end something to chew on :)

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog