Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Missing icons - Help & Feedback Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Missing icons

The "notifications" and "messages" icons have vanished from my homepage - both on the desktop (Chrome on OSX) and mobile (Chrome on Android).  I can still get the drop-down to show by clicking the empty space.

Trading feedback | FS: Nothing right now |  WTB: EQD Talons | Jazzmaster build thread
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
    edited October 2020
    Yeah, it's a potential bug - I'm not entirely sure why it's just started happening, particularly since those images are actually all a single image loaded as a sprite. More awkward is that I can't actually reproduce it, even though I'm using the latest Chrome.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 6565
    edited October 2020 tFB Trader
    They're being blocked on my computer by my "Disconnect" privacy extension as they are served from Vanilla, not the FB site.

Using Chrome btw.

The icons are visble in Edge which doesn't have the 3rd party blocker installed, or Chrome if I whitelist the FB in Disconnect.
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3144
    I think inexperienced something similar; not sure whether I resolved it by clearing the cache or logging out and in again. Or both
  • They're being blocked on my computer by my "Disconnect" privacy extension as they are served from Vanilla, not the FB site.
    That's interesting. I'll look into that - very helpful, cheers.
    <space for hire>
  • Relevant to my interests also!
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    Yeah, I've had the same in Chrome for the last week or so.  I can still see the icons in Internet Explorer.
  • I had this going on a week or two ago in Firefox.  Refreshing Firefox seems to have fixed it.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• Only happening in Chrome on MacOS for me.
  • Same here in Chrome for me...thought I was going mad! Well, I was, but it was nothing to do with this.....
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 9752
    Only missing on Chrome on OSX for me, still there on Chrome on Windows
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1865
    Missing from Chrome on Windows for me. Noticed it a few days ago.

Mine is Chrome  83.0.4103.116 but I can't change it because it's "managed" by my company IT.
  • I have this issue too.

Chrome Version 85.0.4183.121 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Windows 10 Pro

• DodgeDodge Frets: 1296
    Same for me, it's Ghostery that's blocking the images though.  Pause that and they reappear.
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5260
    The icons have disappeared this morning on my phone. I'm running Chrome on Android 10.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    FWIW they're gone on my work machine. Chrome 86.0.4240.75 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Win10. No blockers here but we're "corporate google users" so my browser is managed by my IT dept. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    The icons disappeared for me (Chrome, Windows) when I removed a lot of the forum sections from my Recent Discussions view. 

No idea whether that was cause & effect, or  merely timing coincidence.

Logging out/in didn't make them re-appear.

They're all visible on Edge / Windows and Safari / iOS.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • steveledzepsteveledzep Frets: 1146
    edited October 2020
    Mine have gone too (Chrome/Windows).  Therefore I'm permanently logged in.

Edit:  The icon isn't visible, but the cursor over the spot still produces the dropdown for me to sign out.
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    mac and chrome not working for me - I did see a header warning when I looked at the chrome headers that they where coming from an insecure url/site - so I'm guessing they where being blocked for insecure content ?
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2394
    edited October 2020
    DiscoStu said:
    The icons have disappeared this morning on my phone. I'm running Chrome on Android 10.
    My notifications and messages icons have similarly gone absent this morning on my Android mobile using Chrome. Still there in Safari on my iPad.

There have been no overnight downloads for Android sys or Chrome that I can see and in any case they are both set to 'ask first'.

As others have reported, the icon functions are still there even though they can't be seen so still all accessible.

Edit: After signing out, restarting my mobile and signing in again I received the message "A data breach on a site or app exposed your password" and a Google recommendation to change my The Fretboard password. Could these two issues be related or just coincidence?
    GET https://cdn.vanillaforums.com/images/sprites-14-000.png net::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

confident that's the problem
    seems like someone just fixed it
  • still no worky for me
    Trading feedback | FS: Nothing right now |  WTB: EQD Talons | Jazzmaster build thread
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1470
    Mine Gone. Chrome windows 10. 
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2394
    darcym said:
    seems like someone just fixed it
    Not mine :(
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 2921
    I thought it was our overzealous web filtering at work again. Is this about Chrome reclassifying the resources as https again? I've had this with a number of sites - even our own.

Version 86.0.4240.75 (Official Build) (64-bit) 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1470
    Just switched to edge and icons are fine.
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1087
    Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/86.0.4240.75 Safari/537.36

not working here either
  • I'll be fixing this at the weekend, guys :)
    <space for hire>
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3178
    Thanks Lee
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    Just noticed these missing on Chrome on my laptop, didn't realise what you were talking about before. Bloody work... 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break.