Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). What to play on the bass guitar.. - Bass Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

What to play on the bass guitar..

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I was flea obsessed and the first song I learnt was skinny sweaty man, then blackeyed blonde, then sir psycho sexy.

All three are brilliant yet relatively simple.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248

This, always this ;) 
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 6976

Classical Thump

Actually this one's better

It just sounds like someone dropped a plugged-in bass down the stairs :-/ 
    "Congratulations on being officially the most right anyone has ever been about anything, ever." -- Noisepolluter knows the score
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stevebrumstevebrum Frets: 6759
    This is the only song I've bothered to learn the bass for. I reckon you would enjoy having a crack at it. It's got harmonics and pull off stuff in as well.

• DulcetJonesDulcetJones Frets: 515
    Learn the basic "walking bass line" riffs that are most often used with the 3 notes you mention starting out with(in theory speak the 1, 4, 5 played in a 12 bar repeating pattern).   For more challenging and fun stuff.....I used to play the bass line to several Rush songs from various albums pre  1980 or so.  Some of them aren't as difficult technically, just hard to remember, but beautiful to play all on their own.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3238
    edited July 2014

Deijavoo said:
    Greatest bassline of all time and he sings on top!!

My favourite bass player. The new album is chock full of awesome bass lines, and a fantastic voice too.
  • Good Bass parts to learn - anything by the Pixies.