Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Guitar Stand Recomendations - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Guitar Stand Recomendations

What's Hot

What's the best, most stable non-knockoverable guitar stand on the market?

It's to be used at gigs, I have a rack stand at home...and it's for a Les Paul.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• BidleyBidley Frets: 2890
    edited September 2013
    I use a Hercules grabby thing. Never had any problems myself, but I suppose if one tried hard enough it could be knocked over, much like most guitar stands that aren't welded to the floor :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ESchapESchap Frets: 1427
    I have a few of the Ultimate GS-200 Genesis Guitar Stand.  Find them very stable with all shapes of guitar including les pauls.  Also don't seem to have any cellulose laquer destroying characteristics.
  • After a nice guitar was knocked over (denting the neck) standing on one of these:

http://www.staggmusic.com/en/product_detail/sg-a108bk.html?backp=1

I got one of these:

http://www.herculesstands.co.uk/product/85317/GS405B/Floor_Stands/ShokSafe_guitar_stand

Folds up small, seems very stable though nothing short of hanging it inside a nailed down wardrobe is ever going to be totally proof against knocks.

• I'm a fan of Hercules. Got an Ultimate which is great for gigs as its small folded. Doesn't feel quite so souls though - then again it's had some abuse.
  • Hercules. Usually well priced on Thomann too.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited September 2013
    Thanks guys. I've had a pair of those Ultimate stands for years, but the legs have started to splay out further than they should. At rehearsal once one of my other guitars effectively dropped between the two rest bits and ended up making contact with the floor on it's strap pin. No damage, but I guess they've just worn a bit (must have had them about 10 years I guess). 

I had looked at that Hercules floor stand (not the headstock grab ones) and it looks promising.
  • Another +1 for the hercules - I've got one  in my living room and it's never been knocked over by two hyperactive brats, and they've bust just about everything else...

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2725
    Probably a one off but I had a hercules head grabbing double stand and when i lifted one guitar off it had a tendancy to release both leading to a bad fall for one guitar (luckily no damage that time).

I use the folding min herc stand on stage but i wanted something that looked more stable so I grabbed a cheap k & m from studiospares - link so far it seems pretty stable.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    I've got two of these:

They fold up really small and I've never had a problem with them. They don't fit my Gretsch though.