Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Can modes make you more creative? - Theory Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Can modes make you more creative?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1790
    During lockdown I set myself the challenge to learn modes so I can be more creative in my solo playing. I am no expert still but learning them has given me some great ideas and licks that I would never have done beforehand. Biggest thing I have learnt though when writing a guitar solo for example is to put the guitar down and hear playback of the chord progression and attempt to sing the solo. Doesn't have to be perfect but it will give you some ideas. You'll find all the cool sounds will be in those modes when you pick up the guitar and play what you sang. Works for me. 

Two things I'll remember about lockdown will be learning those modes and watching and massively getting into 'Friday Night Dinner'. and 'Tiger King' of course LOL
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    During lockdown I set myself the challenge to learn modes so I can be more creative in my solo playing. I am no expert still but learning them has given me some great ideas and licks that I would never have done beforehand. Biggest thing I have learnt though when writing a guitar solo for example is to put the guitar down and hear playback of the chord progression and attempt to sing the solo. Doesn't have to be perfect but it will give you some ideas. You'll find all the cool sounds will be in those modes when you pick up the guitar and play what you sang. Works for me. 

Two things I'll remember about lockdown will be learning those modes and watching and massively getting into 'Friday Night Dinner'. and 'Tiger King' of course LOL
    Glad to hear you’re singing :)
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1790
    viz said:

Glad to hear you’re singing :)
    It ain't pretty @viz but it certainly sounds better when on the guitar again ;)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter