Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). FS/ FT - Fender 2004 Masterbuilt 54 strat, Fender CS Landau 63 strat, EVH 78 Eruption Striped series - Guitars £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

FS/ FT - Fender 2004 Masterbuilt 54 strat, Fender CS Landau 63 strat, EVH 78 Eruption Striped series

What's Hot
newi123newi123 Frets: 814
edited October 2023 in Guitars £
This is still here, still barely being used, so bumped from the grave. Genuine Masterbuilt Strat for the price of a regular custom shop. Now has replacement COA issued by Fender.

1)     `Masterbuilt by Mark Kendrik - The Limited Edition 1954 Strat® guitars were built from January 15th to December 31st of 2004, in celebration of the 50th anniversary of the Stratocaster guitar. They are faithful replications made with the same exacting detail as the original instruments, using many of the same machines and manufacturing methods used 50 years ago. Every deep body contour, pickup magnet and screw is a replica of a 1954 Strat. Fender even went as far as to have pre-CBS Fender® employee, Roger Centeno, stamp each tremolo cover plate with the original die. This guitar features a nitro-cellulose lacquered, two-piece ash body with offset glue seam, and one-piece “U”-shape maple neck. This limited release guitar also includes three new Custom Shop Vintage 1954 Stratocaster pickups - custom reproductions of the original 1954 pickups. The finish and body contours also match the original exactly. There are also features and details that have yet to be seen on a reproduction, including the unique knobs, switch tip, pickguard, tremolo cover plate and pickup covers that have been retooled and manufactured using the exact formulas and materials that were used on the original parts. Also included are the original (at that time "Patent Pending") bridge saddles, which have been replicated. The guitar is fitted with an original synchronized tremolo with “Ash Tray” bridge cover & bone nut.`

I bought this guitar from Vintage & Rare a while ago and it`s a great strat. Hugely accurate 54 reproduction. They all left the shop as NOS, but this has been played (as indeed a good guitar should be!), which I think makes it much cooler. All of the playing marks and wear are from real playing, and the previous owner has had the finish taken off the back of the neck. They came fitted with a 3 way switch with a 5 way in the case. The 5 way is now fitted and the 3 way is included. The trem arm has been shortened in Gilmour style. 

They were also supplied with 2 cases - tweed case and a fitted poodle case. This only comes with the tweed case. Doesn`t have the original COA, but I have a replacement COA from the custom shop through a UK dealer and dated May 2020..

Some wear to the frets, but plays beautifully. Even big bends don`t fret out, which is unlike any other vintage radius strat I`ve played.

Looking for £3495. Seems a good place to start as the ones on Reverb are currently £3900 to £6150 for EU based guitars. - REDUCED to £3250 - less than most new team built custom shop guitars - sold pending the usual

In a world of £10k masterbuilt strats that has to be a good price!

2) Fender Custom Shop Landau 63 Strat - relic`d red over sunburst.

Bought on here some time ago as I love Landau - don`t really play it as I prefer to gig HSS. Great condition - as far as I know all wear is factory fake wear, and none of that horrible real wear you get from playing as with the guitar above! :-) All case candy, COA, shopfloor traveller etc present and correct and case is correct too.  Great sounding guitar and fab pickups. Well set up with 10s and plays completely without choking despite 7.25 radius

Looking for 
£3,250 - sold pending the usual

3) EVH Eruption 78 Striped series

Bought on a whim as I`m a massive VH fan - played for about 30 mins at home and now happily sat in the corner - absolutely as new with case and original EVH box it came in.

Looking for 
£650

Sale rather than trades much preferred, but you can always try me - you know how it goes!
Collection / meeting preferred and direct transfer or Paypal friends for payment pls.

Thanks for looking - let me know if you need any more info or pictures. Based just outside Swindon.

Previously sold on this thread:

Fender Roadworn `Taxman` Tele. £675 - (sold) 

Loic Le Pape - £1,025 - (sold)

Tyler Japan LA Studio Classic -  £1950 - (sold)

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 8918
    Wow. Some great guitars and photos there 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 814
    Wow. Some great guitars and photos there 
    Cheers! Impressed I managed to successfully take and post pics!

Tele now sold - others still available.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Prices dropped bump - please feel free to let me know if I`m still miles out!

• cm01cm01 Frets: 419
    That Loic Le Pape looks amazing ... I’d be all over it if I had the cash 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • pjfpjf Frets: 304
    Agreed ^ the Le Pape is a steal (or should that be “steel”). I’m sorted for p90 goodness but would otherwise snap that up! 
  • The 54 pickups are really beautiful. I’ve had them in 2 different strats now, the 50th anniversary production line model that came with them (as opposed to the gold hardware version) and the 60th anniversary AV strat. They’re not common to find.
    The 54 pickups are really beautiful. I’ve had them in 2 different strats now, the 50th anniversary production line model that came with them (as opposed to the gold hardware version) and the 60th anniversary AV strat. They’re not common to find.
    they are very vintage! I was actually tempted to put hotter ones in for a while, but glad I didn`t. These are hand wound Abi`s on here I believe (extra magic mojo you know!) and of course the bakelite covers make them sound even better! :-)
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 8918
    That Masterbuilt is a superb price.... great guitar 
    Loic Le Pape on hold and awaiting a socially distanced Cotswold meet. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    That strat is really something... 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    That strat is really something... 
    Cheers - It`s lovely, and no doubt the closest I`ll ever get to a proper vintage one! But........... when ever I gig I still default to my 2005 Highway One that`s been across the world with me. Go figure!
    Weekend bump! The Double Cut is off hold and back again! Both lovely guitars.............
    Still here collecting dust............. any trades? I`m quite fancying a custom shop / USA Charvel or similar. HSS or HH and a trem. Nothing too pointy or flashy topped, just a good old fashioned superstrat!
  • Love the Loic!
  • I’ve got one of them there Le Pape Juniors, one of my favourite guitars! 

Great price, GLWS
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Loic now snuggled in a new home where hopefully it'll actually get played!
    Bump after another year of not really being played!
  • I had one of these built by Dennis Galuszka.  Best strat I have played by light years.  GLWTS. 
    Sunday morning Post gig bump.
    Post Christmas bump
  • Nice guitar mate.... GLWTS
  • Have you got the floor traveler for the Masterbuilt strart? 
    Cheers
    Have you got the floor traveler for the Masterbuilt strart? 
    Cheers
    No I haven't - not even sure if they came with them. They were all the same spec, just built by different master builders 
  • newi123 said:
    Cheers
    No I haven't - not even sure if they came with them. They were all the same spec, just built by different master builders 
    no they didn't come with them - bump for an awesome Strat.  I've got a Cruz version from this run and it's just great.  
    I can't believe this price - if it gets lower I'll buy it myself. 
    Contrary to public opinion I'm near Manchester and Huddersfield and not near the M20!
    eatapeach said:
    newi123 said:
    Cheers
    no they didn't come with them - bump for an awesome Strat.  I've got a Cruz version from this run and it's just great.  
    I can't believe this price - if it gets lower I'll buy it myself. 
    Thanks for that. It is a great strat! Just unused at this point.......
    Bump
    Tyler added bump
  • CatthanCatthan Frets: 306
    @Kebabkid ;

Tyler..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Catthan said:
    @Kebabkid ;

Tyler..
    Ha - @Kebabkid bought the last tyler I thought I wanted. Think the neck profile on this is the same. 
  • Up for trades for bit of rack gear for the Tyler?