Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Silly cheap fender modern player etc. guitars at Andertons - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Silly cheap fender modern player etc. guitars at Andertons

What's Hot
Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
'Awibble'
Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Can't get my head around the Strat jackplate on those MP Jazzmasters and Jags, but I do like the Marauder... Hmmm...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  •  The Marauder is a good guitar, I am glad I picked one up
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3178
    edited September 2013
    Although not included in the sale at Andertons, has anyone got one of the Modern Player Teles (3 p/ups = Tele neck, Strat middle and coil-tappable humbucker)? I just want to know how they hold up.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  •  The Marauder is a good guitar, I am glad I picked one up
    WHHHHYYYYY would you show me that??? :( They do 0% finance too...I could find £27 a month...and Lake Placid Blue...
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7749
    edited September 2013
    Oh man, that Marauder has always tempted me...

NO. NO. I WILL HAVE A STRAT NEXT. A STRAT.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7086
    I do like the look of the Marauder
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • Kebabkid said:
    Although not included in the sale at Andertons, has anyone got one of the Modern Player Teles (3 p/ups = Tele neck, Strat middle and coil-tappable humbucker)? I just want to know how they hold up.

Band mates got one, they feel decent to play ie neck and stuff, sounds aren't amazing but they are good for the price, and very versatile. Quite bright sounding if that's your thing.
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    Bucket said:

At least your family allow you to buy guitars! I can't even get away with trading my Dean for something that feels better. "You said it was great at the time" -_- Bloody parents. I only got the strat past them as a school project.
    'Awibble'
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7749
    edited September 2013
    Hertz32 said:
    Bucket said:

At least your family allow you to buy guitars! I can't even get away with trading my Dean for something that feels better. "You said it was great at the time" -_- Bloody parents. I only got the strat past them as a school project.
    Are you not feeling the Dean then?

I think my dad being a guitarist is probably what does it... my mum's been used to him (and now me) buying and selling stuff for years, I think she realises that it's pretty futile trying to police it :D
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JadedJaded Frets: 125
    Ahhh dammit. I'd love to steal the neck off of one of them. 
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    Bucket said:
    Hertz32 said:
    Bucket said:

Are you not feeling the Dean then?

I think my dad being a guitarist is probably what does it... my mum's been used to him (and now me) buying and selling stuff for years, I think she realises that it's pretty futile trying to police it :D
    She's a great guitar, but the neck is a bit too fat for my fingers. And I'd prefer a pickup with a bit more midrange. Plus the hardcase is crap for walking to school with... A Gibson LP 60's tribute would make most sense, got a softcase I can put on my back too... 
    'Awibble'
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9107
    edited September 2013
    " A Gibson LP 60's tribute would make most sense, got a softcase I can put on my back too... " Gibson with a soft case = fail
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3178
    Puggy;26816" said:
    Kebabkid said:

Band mates got one, they feel decent to play ie neck and stuff, sounds aren't amazing but they are good for the price, and very versatile. Quite bright sounding if that's your thing.
    Cheers Puggy.
    Pickups would probably be the first thing to swap out but you do need to weigh up the cost of that against the guitar
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7086
    HAL9000 said:
    " A Gibson LP 60's tribute would make most sense, got a softcase I can put on my back too... " Gibson with a soft case = fail
    Gibson with soft case = work for guitar repairers ;)

(having said that I've fixed neck breaks that happened while in a hard case, due to a lack of headstock support)
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister