Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Writing Some Backings - Studio & Recording Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Writing Some Backings

asimmdasimmd Frets: 115
edited June 2014 in Studio & Recording
I dont know if this is in the right place so apologies if it's not. Ok,I would like to try writing some music,Rhythm Guitar Keyboard Synth Drums etc. So what software is available that would allow me to do this,without spending a fortune. I have a Mac Mini running Logic Pro X,and various guitars. Thanks Alan
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1470
    Im using Pc-   Reaper (free for 60 days or all eternity if you have no conscience) Addictive drums (Free demo version loaded with free drum loops i got from  groove monkey)also comes with partial kit and presets. Drag and drop. I use a USB fastrack Audio interface (I bought this from a kind music person from here (£35). Reaper has lots of stuff you can use and there are lots of vst for free. ps There is a thread on the Reaper Forum with links to tons of freeware vst.    
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OK, so you already have the pooter and Logic. So all you need is an interface to plug your guitar into the Mac and you're good to go.

I assume Logic comes with the usual raft of drums and synths/ keys/ orchs/ etc that all DAWs do? If so, learn how it works and get to creating tunes :)

*caveat* learning how it all works isn't always as easy as it sounds, but is ALWAYS worth the effort once you get it :)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • wave100wave100 Frets: 150
    I'm not a Mac user but I'm led to believe Garageband is a good introduction to home recording, and you can import Garageband projects into Logic for final mix, tweaking etc. Also you can probably use the computer's on board sound to start with rather than buying an external audio interface - at least to have a go and find out if you like it without spending any money!

So you're good to go - just get started!
  • FezFez Frets: 472
    Buy Computer Music magazine the disc that comes with it has loads of instruments and fx for PC and Mac.
    Don't touch that dial.