Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). ESP 7-string Tele - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

ESP 7-string Tele

What's Hot
JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6284
edited September 2013 in Guitar
Saw it first on one of Burgerman666's demos on Youtube, the Stef Carpenter 7 string baritone

I must say I like it

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 7616
    tFB Trader
    Not sure I really see the point ... it's not going to sound like a Tele ... and the headstock is fugly. Now I could see the point of a tele that sounded like a Tele but had extra strings ... more tones in ones palate etc. But that is just a guitar that happens to share some Tele design cues ... not a Tele! Just a superstrat thing with only one cutaway.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3275
    Make it an 8, and cheap, then i'm in!
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6284
    They do an 8 as well, but that looks freakish.  I liked the proportions of this one.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3275
    I struggle to play 7s, however 8s are no problem.....

guess I have symmetrical only playing hands......
  • I really like it.  

Sorry, Ash!
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7749
    Not sure I really see the point ... it's not going to sound like a Tele ... and the headstock is fugly. Now I could see the point of a tele that sounded like a Tele but had extra strings ... more tones in ones palate etc. But that is just a guitar that happens to share some Tele design cues ... not a Tele! Just a superstrat thing with only one cutaway.
    It's not meant to be a Tele, it's meant to be a Tele-shaped guitar.

I quite like it too, although my favourite Stephen Carpenter model is the old green SRC 7-string:

- "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    I like it too.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    I like it! Most of my guitars are tele shaped but not tele's.
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 2969
    I too really like it. Would probably just jump around in 3/4 shorts playing along to 'Minerva' on it though which would look utterly ridiculous
    Especially as Minerva isn't in 3/4.
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 2969
    Sporky;26478" said:
    Especially as Minerva isn't in 3/4.
    It will be by the time I'm finished with it !

• Stef has awesome taste in guitars, I'd happily own any of signature guitars.
    Why is the neck pup so close to the bridge pup? Surely they would sound more similar like that?
    I think it's a middle pickup in the correct place rather than a neck pickup in the wrong place.
  • I like it.

But having played the old strat-ish one I found the middle pickup got in the way of how I pick.

Still - it's on a 'plate. So it could be moved to the neck and a new plate made.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    I like. 

• jaygtrjaygtr Frets: 218
    Doesn't work for me at all I'm afraid :((
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 7616
    tFB Trader
    Strangely this appeals to me more ... even though it has a scrap combine harvester strapped where the bridge should be :)
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited September 2013
    Strangely this appeals to me more ... even though it has a scrap combine harvester strapped where the bridge should be :)
    At least it's not the vibrato equivalent of a mangle... like something I could mention.
    Sporky said:
    I think it's a middle pickup in the correct place rather than a neck pickup in the wrong place.
    Yeah, but there wouldn't all that much variation in sound surely? 
    As much difference as between the neck and middle pickups on a Strat, I'd think.
    Sporky said:
    As much difference as between the neck and middle pickups on a Strat, I'd think.
    I'd like to see what a middle humbucker instead of a neck humbucker would sound like under gain. In theory I like the idea - more of a sledgehammer than the bridge pickup, but a little less woolly and muddy than a neck pickup. Could be pretty good.