Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Baja Tele Mods. - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Baja Tele Mods.

I've owned a Baja Tele for a while, which never really did it for me.

Due to me already owning a Tele that covers my traditional Tele needs (my Eternal Guitars Betty), and not being able to sell the Baja for a decent amount, I decided to have some fun with it and turn it into an Esquire-ish beast.

Fitted a new Lil'59 bridge humbucker, new bridge, new pickguard, 500K Tone and Vol pots... and this thing sings. Also cures my GAS for now for buying any more guitars (note the for now)  :D

I'm loving it at the moment. Simple.... but very effective  ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• mike257mike257 Frets: 363
    That's really cool, like what you've done with the plate. I like guitars that just get on with the job, don't need all those fancy bells and whistles. I'd buy one of these!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Cheers dude.

I never used the neck pickup anyhow, so it was Au Revoir!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 11799
    Oh well, at least when you see the light you can return it back to normal ;)
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • Ha ha well I already have a normal tele that I love. I know the old 'if it ain't broke' rule is good advice, but I'm enjoying the mods at the moment. It's made it more of a fun guitar for me ;)
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 11799
    I actually like it,good job man! Always wondered about an Esquire but thought why have one pup if you can have two just in case.That little screw hole would mess with my mind though :) I would like to try a lil 59 in my Baja.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • I love the Lil 59 now, but a word of warning; with 250K pots (standard in teles) it did not sound good to me.

Another cool way around would be to have two volume controls: 250K for the neck pickup and 500K for the lil 59. The neck pickup might be a bit bright with a 500k pot.

I know what you mean about that screw hole: I'm currently trying to find something to fill the gap ;)