Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Apps to learn piano - Other Instruments Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Apps to learn piano

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• lukedlblukedlb Frets: 486
    I’m looking to get my 5 and 8 year old playing. An arcade version of the op’s original post would be great. I’m sure there is something out there. Anyone know?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stevebrumstevebrum Frets: 6759
    Danny1969 said:
    You see the 2 black keys on their own ....... that's the kennel and the dogs in the kennel ..... so D is in between em. That's honestly how I was taught 30 odd years ago and it worked.
    Thanks for that tip! 

Just showed that to my 5 year old and she picked it up straight away. I expanded on that and told her that the Cat is always hiding behind the Dog so she knows where all the Cs are as well. 

How’s the pianoforall course going Raymond and others?

I’m thinking about getting the course for myself.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2064
    stevebrum said:

How’s the pianoforall course going Raymond and others?

I’m thinking about getting the course for myself.

Stalled a bit over the last month as I temporarily pulled out the stops on learning a load of material on guitar for planned rehearsal. Then Tier 4 happened...

Got back on the piano today :)
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5260
    Pianoforall is only £11.99 just now, I'm gonna have to give it a try.
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5260
    Pianoforall bought. Keys set up in Living Room. Let's see how far I get on this attempt!

https://i.imgur.com/GeYAD9S.jpg
  • MuxMux Frets: 1
    One way I remember or navigate the keys is Chopsticks and Forks.....  Chopsticks  you get two equals the sharps a Fork you get 3  equals sharps  works for me