Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). RIP Rik Mayall !! :-(((( - Tributes Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

RIP Rik Mayall !! :-((((

What's Hot
Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
Holy crap...  he wasn't that old was he ?

Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• carloscarlos Frets: 3252
    What!!! He was only 56!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Well shit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2139
    Devastating news, a comedy giant.  RIP Rik :-(
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Double shit!!
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited June 2014

I was flabbergasted there.... actually had to check you weren't on some strange wind up.  Have always loved Rik Mayall.  He did seem to age quite rapidly over the last few years. 

It seems really strange because Rik Mayall has been part of the comedic and cultural landscape of my entire life.

RIP.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 958
    just heard on singletrack forum.

a great comedian/actor r.i.p rik 
    :(
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9793
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    Omg. That's shocking. :(
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
  • Balls.
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2959
    Really sad. Absolutely brilliant performer and a far wider range than a lot of people might think.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    Oh shit. 

A childhood comedy hero :(
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24339
    edited June 2014
    Truly shocked by this. Massive fan Since Kevin Turvey. Very sad news. RIP Rik and thank you for all the laughs.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22443
    Damn :(
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224

I always loved him since his Kevin Turvey days !  RIP Rik.
    Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    The People's Poet!
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9793
    Spare a thought for his poor dad
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Saw Rik and Ade doing 'Bottom' live, nearly wet myself laughing.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • rocktronrocktron Frets: 797
    I just heard it on the BBC breaking news. Jeez. . . . that is a devastating bolt out of the blue!!! RIP.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Blimey, that's awful. Loved him in pretty much everything I saw him in. The Bottom stage show was almost unbearably funny. A sad day.
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1416
    Just no words :( 
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 10838
    Bloody hell.

He and Adrian Edmondson were the finest physical comedians in years.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    Gosh.

Not any meaningfull explanation on that link as to how he passed away.
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7749
    edited June 2014
    I'm gutted, what awful news.

RIP :(
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    Damn. He went to the same school as me, although he was much older and I never knew him there. But not *that* much older :(.

RIP.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3115
    Very sad, but my facebook is full of stills from everyones favourite roles hes played, and Its lovely to see. RIP
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 2871
    Rubbish news. :(
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    Wow :'( horrible news - I grew up on stuff like Bottom and Blackadder, and discovering Bad News and The Young Ones later pretty much informed my band and student years. RIP Colin :(
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3532
    Kevin  Turvey investigative reporter.

He's been an alternative comedian so long that he's now mainstream. Just a few months older than me too!
    No news yet on the cause of death.

I am deeply saddened by the news and send my deep sympathies to his family and friends.

• dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522

Bloody hell just heard at work! Proper gutted - loved Young Ones, Bottom, Blackadder, etc.

RIP :(

All practice and no theory