Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). The classic [cheesy] rock thread - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

The classic [cheesy] rock thread

What's Hot
FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24595
edited September 2013 in Music
I was sad to see Michael Schenker hit rock bottom years ago with ex-wife, money issues [his manager pinched his money] and drink problems .. his ex-wife died and he now looks after the kids. He was forced to sell his classic Gibson Flying Vs but the good news is he's back, clean and happy and playing a Dean signature guitar. Here's Doctor doctor with the 'big Dougie' from Scotland on vocals from his recent live album ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5698
    edited September 2013
    Thanks @Fretwired ; I enjoyed that very muchly

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24595
    Have another .. king of 'cock rock' David Coverdale ....

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
    edited September 2013
    None more cheesy, none more classic than "House of broken love" by Great White - FANTASTIC tone, love the delay at 1:18 and 1:33

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    ^ liked that have a wow ... :-)

White Lion with Radar Love .. ticks all the cheesy boxes including the video ..

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Nice ... Guns 'N Roses without with Myles Kennedy standing in for Axl .. still classic and cheesy ... the guys seem to be having great fun ...

• BucketBucket Frets: 7749
    @mike_l - I really like "No More Tears". Zakk's playing was nowhere near as over the top and stupid as it is now.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    Bucket said:
    @mike_l - I really like "No More Tears". Zakk's playing was nowhere near as over the top and stupid as it is now.
    Agreed, he needs someone like Ozzy to reign him in......Left to his own devices he puts in too many pinch harmonics and, as you say @ Bucket, he's just way over the top.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    No actual video as such, but this is 1985 in a nutshell.

One of these guys was my mate for a long time.

"I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."

Terraplane, didn't they evolve into Thunder?

Speaking of Thunder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=DV6q6wzw0iA

• Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4759
    edited September 2013

We could do whole thread on the cheesiness of Whitesnake; however, think this just about says it all. It Whitesnake's version of Tush, but DC has rewritten it so instead of singing "I'm just lookin' for some tush.", he sings "I'm just lookin' for some tits."! It's actually very clever if you think about it, and you're 14 years old.

• Bad English - When I See You Smile featuring the John Waite. Awful.

• While we're on the subject of John Waite, the 1984 'classic' Missing You.  Dedicated to his brother Terry. (Yes I know it's not a contemporary reference).

• Fretwired said:
    Nice ... Guns 'N Roses without with Myles Kennedy standing in for Axl .. still classic and cheesy ... the guys seem to be having great fun ...

You have to feel for Matt Sorum in a corner shaking a tambourine, but Adler just has that swing. It's great to see him happy and healthy and playing with the others. 

Also loving that this is the band that played the R&R induction, not the band currently known as GnR.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    edited September 2013

• LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    mike_l said:

Terraplane, didn't they evolve into Thunder?

Yes indeed :)
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    edited September 2013

Cheesy cover of cheese rock........

And more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qJzMtw3Odlc

It doesn't get any more classic than this ....