Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Elliot Easton "Tikibird" Firebird - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Elliot Easton "Tikibird" Firebird

What's Hot
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• FezFez Frets: 472
    Because they spoiled a beautiful guitar by putting a bigsby on it.
    Don't touch that dial.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Gloss Mist Poly in a Nitro finish? How does that work? Thought poly finish was, well, poly? Nitro top coat?
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 2969
    guitargeek62;1734" said:
    Buy one.

Then sell it to me !

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • jd0272 said:
    Gloss Mist Poly in a Nitro finish? How does that work? Thought poly finish was, well, poly? Nitro top coat?
    "Poly" is Gibson-speak for metallic. I think it's short for "polychromatic"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2139
    I remember flagging it up on the erstwhile MR forum, mainly because I couldn't understand why Elliot Easton had been granted so many signature guitars over the years. I was quickly shot down and corrected over it!
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7749
    Meh.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • StefB said:
    I remember flagging it up on the erstwhile MR forum, mainly because I couldn't understand why Elliot Easton had been granted so many signature guitars over the years. I was quickly shot down and corrected over it!
    Ah, I haven't been online too much of late so must have missed it.

I don't know either, but the dude makes some nice sigs! His SG was beautiful too 8-)
  • I like it.....
    Quirky =)
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 5849

Fez said:
    Because they spoiled a beautiful guitar by putting a bigsby on it.

I agree, it looks 'unbalanced' ..but I bet the weight of the Bigsby helps to stop the neck diving.
    Saw a model V 2010 in Stoke at the weekend and it looked gorgeous.

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    I like it. 

Would rather the switches were push-push pots, but other than that it's cool.
  • I love it - dibs on it DrBob when you get it from Si ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    GuitarMonkey;24982" said:
    jd0272 said:

"Poly" is Gibson-speak for metallic. I think it's short for "polychromatic"

Ah, obliged!
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • monquixote;25389" said:
    I like it. 

Would rather the switches were push-push pots, but other than that it's cool.
    I read push pulls wouldn't fit.
  • My friend got one last weekend. Its amazing in person!
  • BasherBasher Frets: 1071
    That looks fantastic!
    I've never played a Firebird of any kind but they intrigue me.
    Dave Gregory uses one with mini hums and it sounds brilliant, particularly for those chimy clean-into-crunch tones. Sounds like three strats welded together in this clip:

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    edited September 2013
    I'd love that colour on a regular Firebird III or V. Or a washed cherry type finish. I just want the proper minihums rather than full-fat ones. 

Why haven't they ever done a Faded Firebird? That would be AWESOME.

(Tributes don't count cos they look shite :p)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter