Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). One for TTony - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

One for TTony

OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 7616
in Guitar tFB Trader

Have you found this yet? Is this a Kawai I see in the inimitable paws of Lee Brilleaux? I do believe it is! I simply have to have one now :)
Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 26143

Wow!

It is indeed a Kawai - a Rock 'n' Roll Star to be precise.

More detail about that model on this particularly useful website ("useful" if you're looking for info about Kawai guitars, not much use otherwise!!)

Here's a pic of one of mine ...

As it happens, I have two - this one (which is minty mint) and a much rougher red sunburst one. 

But they're far from common - even by Kawai standards - so you might have to hunt a while to find one.  A long, long while. 

If I come across one, I'll let you know ...

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143

The Southend connection might explain why Dr F were using one in the vid (which I hadn't seen before).

Tim Gentle Music (in Southend) sold them back in the day, and bought up all the unsold UK stock from the distributor when Kawai decided to pull out of the UK.  Last time I spoke (email) with Tim, he was still playing an old Kawai guitar!

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    I recall Kevin Rowland had one of these on Top Of The Pops with Dexy's Midnight Runners, round about the time of Geno. In fact I made a picture from the old TOTP vid for Geno: