Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Android software - Studio & Recording Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Android software

Can anyone suggest any basic guitar recording software suitable for an android tablet?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1488

Surely Reaper works on anything?

Dave.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
    ecc83 said:

Surely Reaper works on anything?

Dave.

Reaper works on OS X and Windows - there's some work going on to get it running on Linux, but I'm not sure about the progress. There's a hack to use it on Linux with WINE, but it requires all sorts of buggering around with JACK and pissing around replacing bundled libraries with custom-compiled stuff which, frankly, is no good to most people.

Can anyone suggest any basic guitar recording software suitable for an android tablet?
    I honestly don't think there's anything out there at the moment. It's taking developers a lot longer than anyone anticipated to start using the low-latency audio in Android 4.1 and above. It's all there, they just don't seem to be bothering with it.
    <space for hire>
  • Hmm, there doesnt seem to be much at all - strange considering that android is quite a popular platform.
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 3884
    It's because historically there was no low-latency audio access. 

It's in there now - but of course plenty of people with old devices means the likes of IK Multimedia, Line6 etc. aren't supporting the format with hardware yet.

I have successfully used my Presonus audio interface via USB with my Android tablet running a four-track app. So it's definitely do-able now. But for now it seems Apple has the market to itself.