Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Variax tele - best option?? - Making & Modding Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Variax tele - best option??

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    hywelg said:
    Sporky said:
    That surely leaves you only able to play acoustic gigs then. ;)
    Errr no.... I can operate with no power supply to my board in an emergency.
    I suspect @Sporky was also referring to the power to your amp, mic, PA, etc...
    Izzackly.

Without power, all electric guitars are pretty quiet.

I am sure that there must have been glitches with Variaxes, but I am equally sure that valves and fuses have blown in amps. Strings break. Paranoia only gets you so far... ;)
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4255
    edited September 2013

Sporky said:
     Paranoia only gets you so far... ;)
    So I'm paranoid now am I ????. No sorry, I have had the problem of a dead battery causing a problem so, now no batteries, I have had the problem of the powersupply getting kicked (by a punter) and all my pedals going off, so now Neutrik Powercon with PS under the board velcro'd in place. I have also seen guitarists lose their guitars mid solo because they stood on their lead which was wrapped aound the strap and pulled it off the button, and I have seen guitarists stand on their lead and unplug themselves. Thats why i use strap locks. Always got a second guitar ready on a stand incase I break a string.

I also stopped using George L's for similar reasons, I had to rip apart by board before our first set becuase I'd got a loud hum, turned out to be a dodgy end, so I now use Lava.

Its not paranoia, its common sense. Limit the possibilites for a f**k up. Enjoy the gig.......

Sporky said:

Without power, all electric guitars are pretty quiet.

Indeed, the PA won't work either so no gig......

You can only realistically prepare for those contingencies that you have control over. I aint taking a battery powered PA.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    hywelg said:

Sporky said:
     Paranoia only gets you so far... ;)
    So I'm paranoid now am I ????
    Nah, I'd say well prepared - it wasn't a serious comment, hence the smiley.

But I think that we've gotten a long way from the original question.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8201
    Blank front FTW.
    My V key is broken