Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). 'Captain' Kirk Douglas signature SG - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

'Captain' Kirk Douglas signature SG

What's Hot
badlydrawnbanjobadlydrawnbanjo Frets: 849
edited August 2013 in Guitar
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    That is really nice indeedy

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    edited August 2013
    I had a different Kirk Douglas in mind...

Showing my age no doubt, but it might have been more interesting to see what they could have come up with :).

After all, Keifer Sutherland has a signature model, although I seem to remember it being rather ordinary.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33263
    ICBM said:
    After all, Keifer Sutherland has a signature model, although I seem to remember it being rather ordinary.
    It was under constant tension.
  • At £1149 it doesn't seem overly expensive either....
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    I was hoping it would have "I AM SPARTICUS" inlaid down the fretboard. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    I was hoping it would have "I AM SPARTICUS" inlaid down the fretboard. 
    this
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • I was hoping it would have "I AM SPARTICUS" inlaid down the fretboard. 

I was thinking that, or blue and white horizontal stripes like in 20,000 leagues under the sea ! :))
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    The KS336 was awesome. Just a goldtop CS336 with different inlays. I'd love one.

This SG would be lovely with a black guard
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6284

A Norse metal version called Ragnar.

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • I've just noticed that he's got exactly the same Souldier strap as I have in the YouTube video. It must be a sign [-O<

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

• bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    ICBM said:
    ah yes, he had an ear for music,  unfortunately it wasnt the one he kept
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • Like ICBM I had a different Kirk Douglas in mind.

I wouldn't want the vibrato thing though. They can take that off.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3543
    edited August 2013
    Looks great, i'd love one. Specs say ebony board which is strange as the custom shop Les Paul custom has richlite.
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2781
    Wow want. That fade bit on the tip of the switch has given me wood.
  • stevebrumstevebrum Frets: 6759
    chrisj1602;24606" said:
    Looks great, i'd love one. Specs say ebony board which is strange as the custom shop Les Paul custom has richlite.
    The spec says rosewood board & the photos look like rosewood to me.

The only thing that puts me off is the gold hardware - bling is not my thing. Still at least it means I'm not tempted to buy one..
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    what a beauty!
  • The KS336 was awesome. Just a goldtop CS336 with different inlays. I'd love one.

This SG would be lovely with a black guard
    Or just a black finish :)
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
    Doesn't do much for me at all I'm afraid.  Why are most guitarists mired in the past ?  I don't get this lust for legacy designs at all.
    Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.
    @Emp_Fab some designs are just timeless :-)

The SG has a really distinctive and recognizable tone that's probably more about it's construction short comings than its virtues. I've never got on with a LesPaul but love the SG.
    To be serious for a minute I do like the fact that it's a 'legacy design' but with some clever and yet invisible updates which will make it drastically more versatile. I've always liked the 3HB Gibsons but always been frustrated by the restrictive pickup switching, and not that keen on the 'conventional' fix of rewiring it for three volumes and a master tone. I'm not totally convinced by the 'blend ring' idea either, on paper (especially as I have doubts about the reliability of things like that) but I'd have to try it.

At least it's better than the Now-ex Firewood.

edited September 2013
    I've always found the Gibson separate vol and tone per pickup to be a pain in the ass and overkill. 
  • octatonic said:
    ICBM said:
    It was under constant tension.
    Are you sure? I thought it was only for 24 hours.