Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). London/ SE Jan get together? - Events Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

London/ SE Jan get together?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33263
    I'm in, provided I am in the UK that weekend.

If you need a drummer/bassist I'm happy to do either.
    If I'm there as a guitarist then I have a load of tube amps I can bring (Marshall, Carol-Ann, Diezel, Suhr/CAA) + Kemper and Axe FX III.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6304
    edited January 2020
    Gear fest & A/B for me. Can bring a plexi, matchless clone and pedals.
    This is probably the best way forward for this little gathering. 

Since last meetup I got a Marshall Studio Vintage 20w head and changed out 90% of my pedals. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    octatonic said:
    I'm in, provided I am in the UK that weekend.

If you need a drummer/bassist I'm happy to do either.
    If I'm there as a guitarist then I have a load of tube amps I can bring (Marshall, Carol-Ann, Diezel, Suhr/CAA) + Kemper and Axe FX III.
    Would love to try out a Kemper to see how it feels and responds. 

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited January 2020
    Oh, also if anyone has any guitars with a 10/56 profile I'd love to try it out. In fact would like to try a bunch of Fender neck profiles to decide once and for all what suits me best. 

I'd be bringing a 2006 Classic Player 60s Strat and a 2014 LP Standard.

• peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    I’d be interested if I’m around, would bring 3 guitars which are ‘new’ since the last get together, Axe III and FC6 + FC12 (so FC18) controllers. 

Would gladly sit down with people and program patches on the Fractal if someone wanted to build a patch from scratch. 

I’ve also got a pimped King of Time pedal if someone wanted to try one 
    Ooh lovely. Did you have a bit of a clear out?

Since last time things that might be of interest are the Tone King Iron Man 2 Mini attenuator, the 20w Plexi, a Strymon Volante and a nice custom dual boost from Pickdropper FX. And there's a chance I should be receiving the new 'Fuzz Fella' from Chase Tone ahead of a late Jan meet. 

Yes - at the moment I have three pre-CBS strats (that needs to change!) a very interesting Telecaster/partsocaster and a very, very interesting Les Paul
    Oooh exciting. Would love to try the Strats.

Would people be able to make Water Rats in Woking again? I quite liked the drive to be honest.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    I wouldn't mind - if I'm free on the weekend
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7202
    Water rats good
  • springheadspringhead Frets: 1522
    Gear fest type meet-up at Water Rats would suit me.
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2457
    Water Rats would be great
    Ok will ask about cost and availability tomorrow. 

Don't know if they are open on a Sunday but if they are I guess we are looking at Sat/Sun Jan 25/26 or Feb 1/2?

Preferences?

• steven70steven70 Frets: 1219
    edited September 2023
    h
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited January 2020
    Cheers mate. I went to the meetup at the Rats last year and loved it.

Nobody has gotten back to me re preferences so it's a bit too late for next weekend now. 

Still might do the Rats again soon and just let people know and invite them down and they can chuck a bit in the pot when they come because life is too short to organise something small and unofficial. 

• Bump :)