Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). what is your gig from hell ? - Live Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

what is your gig from hell ?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6075
    Talking of gigs where there's a mismatch between the audience demographic and the type of band, we were booked once to play a "living wake"...

If you're not familiar with the concept, it's basically a party someone throws to gather all their mates together...before they die, when they know they're on their way out.

Right, already not a good start, is it?

Anyway, we get there, with our usual wedding set ready to go, smart clothes etc...It's a rugby club venue, so we are expecting the usual type of room, hired out for events etc..

Nope, it's a motorbike club's HQ.

"Do you do any Blues...? Or Rock....?"

Erm.....not really. Not actually. Not...at all...

Fortunately, they were your typical bikers - namely very friendly and accomodating and more open-minded then the band that turned up and judged them on first sight were. Lesson learned for us, and a good night after all.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4052
    I played a wedding once where bridegroom was being strangled on stage by brides father. Someone eventually hit him with a chair. We just kept playing.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MikkiMcMurdererMikkiMcMurderer Frets: 344
    edited May 2014
    Incident #1: Posh Swedish wedding near East Grinsted which involved a tradition of 25 toasts during the speeches with Schnapps. The British guests were fucked by 7pm. One was so bad he decided to punch me in the face while in the toilet before we'd even played a note. The wedding organisers promised to have him removed, he resisted by trying to fight anyone and everyone. Police called, he resisted arrest and eventually had to be hauled off in a police van. I pressed charges and he now has a criminal record. Incident #2: Grooms pikey family all on drugs. In the break one attacked our singer from behind throwing him to the floor. We threaten to leave if there is any more trouble. At the next break some other twat starts on me for chatting up their sister (she spoke to me!) I go off at him and haul the groom back to tell this guy to fuck himself or we're outta there - horrible bunch of wankers
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter