Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). New Masterwound PAF replica pickup ... The 'Last Word' - Made in the UK Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

New Masterwound PAF replica pickup ... The 'Last Word'

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2703
    I fully believe that demos should first and foremost be done into a clean reference amp. If you then choose to put some tasteful drive on as a bonus ... so be it ... but only after a good clear demo clean with full chord and lead work. 

I concur.

Logically the higher the level of distortion, the more of the sound is being generated by the amp and less by the guitar / pickups.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 6565
    tFB Trader
    Look after yourself Ash. There's is nothing more important than your health.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5820
    Ah the illustrious paf, I have a feeling the oil city one's will sound so much better than any original, mainly due to the fact these are made with care and quality materials very much unlike the original pafs! I have an early oil city maaterwound transonic in pink, split its like a p 90 and  unsplit like a top quality humbucker so again probably better than an original paf :D
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 7616
    tFB Trader
    Ah the illustrious paf, I have a feeling the oil city one's will sound so much better than any original, mainly due to the fact these are made with care and quality materials very much unlike the original pafs! I have an early oil city maaterwound transonic in pink, split its like a p 90 and  unsplit like a top quality humbucker so again probably better than an original paf :D
    Bows deeply :-)
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter