Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). NAD Friedman BE100 Deluxe - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

NAD Friedman BE100 Deluxe

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2142
    @spirit7 how are you getting in with the BE100 Deluxe after having it a while? How does it compare to your other amps and the SB WW?

Still like the idea of this amp. Can’t have too many Plexi channels :)
    Ive still got my BE100DLX and have two Smallboxes, a BE50DLX and a Runt 50.

The SB is a great amp as well.

You cant go wrong with any of them.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • spirit7spirit7 Frets: 315
    Still love it.  It’s overall, probably along with the Bogner XTC 20th, the best sounding, no compromise channel switcher there is.  Recently I’ve been running it with SAT off and a boost to get a more aggressive sound closer to a modded Marshall, but there really are no bad sounds :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • leerocker said:
    I have the 100dlx and i havent wanted another amp since. I am sure you easily get those tones.
     Ive done a neo rockabilly psychobilly album on the plexi channel of this amp thats how versatile it is and the cantrell sound is in the amp too which was the best friedman i had owned prior to this amp. 
    You’ve had a 100 deluxe for ever Lee- always telling me how great they are :) I’ve still not played one! - I daren’t I can’t afford one! Lol!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Can someone do a demo of the gain channels from low gain all the way up to max on each as I’m sure there’s a problem with mine as at max gain there doesn’t seem to be a lot of gain added on the last quarter turns of the gain pots 
  • leerockerleerocker Frets: 591
    What position is the gain structure switch at? all way down is the highest
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ColWilkieColWilkie Frets: 140
    I'd just shoot an email to Friedman support.  Dave always replies directly, and he'll try to put your mind at ease.
    My BE100DLX is in for repairs locally, and my local tech has been communicating with Dave back and forth to get things sorted out.  Really impressed with the after sales service, even with it being a few years old.
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2142
    ColWilkie said:
    I'd just shoot an email to Friedman support.  Dave always replies directly, and he'll try to put your mind at ease.
    My BE100DLX is in for repairs locally, and my local tech has been communicating with Dave back and forth to get things sorted out.  Really impressed with the after sales service, even with it being a few years old.
    I've experienced the same, Dave is very generous with his time in fault finding. 

What happened to your DLX?
    Nothing too catastrophic I hope.

• spirit7spirit7 Frets: 315
    Mine blew a set of tubes and some screen resistors last year.  Easy fix and now sounds even better.  Just a classy, classy amp.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Apologies, missed these replies.  It's still with the tech.  Not the tubes, they've tested and are good.  They're quite busy, but hope to have some feedback shortly.  I'll let you know the outcome.

Either-way, I expect it gets sorted out and will be running and sounding awesome!

I've added more guitars, swapped pedals round and round.  But the one constant is this amp.  I could play through my interface, but I just don't get the same pleasure.  
    Basically, no sound.  The BE and Clean channel died, then the HBE followed.  Usually ok for a few mins then cuts out. Sounds like tubes, but they were all swapped out and tested good.  Fingers crossed it is back soon!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter