Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Fairly recent Jah Wobble - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Fairly recent Jah Wobble

ROOGROOG Frets: 549
edited August 2013 in Music
I hadn't appreciated his more recent stuff, I like this, 2011 I think!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• rprrpr Frets: 302
    He did a series of gigs with Keith Levene doing Dubby, improvised versions of old PIL stuff - there stuff on You Tube and it's rather good. Levene also played on that track you mentioned. The pair also done an E.P and an album together -Ying and Yang-
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 549
    edited August 2013

Julie Campbell sounds great, someone commented on Youtube that she sounded like Stevie Nicks, I can hear a similarity.

Off at a tangent, Jah Wobble's appearance on 'Never Mind the Buzzcocks', "guess the song" was, IMO possibly the funniest episode of Buzzcocks ever.

I wonder if it is on Youtube?

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    There was a bit about PIL on one of those Punk Brittania programmes and I thought I had rather overlooked Wobble so I will have to check those links out later. And, yes, he was very, very funny on Buzzcocks.
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 549
    edited August 2013

Found Mr Wobble on BC; "What's the name of that drum you don't like?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv_hHrvCKwM

>:D<