Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). What Make is This Bass? - Bass Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

What Make is This Bass?

What's Hot
BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5750
Ok, it's late and I've had some Doom Bar and was watching this Vid. I couldn't be arsed to scroll through comments to see if anyone noted it, so some clever Bod on here might know.

It's not a Bass I'm familiar with.

Ta!
And they said that in our time, all that's good will fall from grace, even Saints would turn their face, in our time.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7086
    a quick search says it was made by Geoff Gale.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    edited May 2014
    Don't know - probably something custom made - but that's a great song. I must have some sort of deep memory of the video even though I haven't seen it for over thirty years, because I heard the first notes in my head *before* the playback started, just from seeing the still image…

(Edit - Paul_C found it while I was busy watching the video twice! :) )

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5750
    Paul_C said:
    a quick search says it was made by Geoff Gale.
    Well done that man!

I'm not familiar with them, but it looks very nice.

It's a classic tune, yes. I have to listen to this original version though, I wasn't too keen on the 1990 re-recording, even though they did it as close to the original as possible, it just didn't have the same impact.

B-)
    And they said that in our time, all that's good will fall from grace, even Saints would turn their face, in our time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter