Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). I've started that lifetime acoustic search. - Acoustics Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

I've started that lifetime acoustic search.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Collings are indeed fine guitars, I've owned several and you can't go wrong with any of their models. If you can find one over here though try a Froggy Bottom, I've had many bespoke acoustics over the years and my Froggy Bottom M is by far the best acoustic I've owned. They generally come with Adirondack spruce tops as standard which really extends the tonal range. And yes, the Froggy name is a little unfortunate but it has an interesting meaning which is worth reading up on!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4121
    edited July 2014
    @stuartryanmusic

Amazing guitar mate. And incredible playing. I assume the moment at the end is 'I am meant to be demoing this guitar for sales purposes, but there is no way I am letting go of it, ever.' lol

:D
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6284
    JohnPerry said:

As for lifetime keepers, mine's my Martin 00017s exactly like this one: http://www.paramountguitars.net/gtr/guitars_Sub_Martin000-17S.htm

Sweetest acoustic I've ever played.
    And really a looker, very well done !
    B-)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Ah thanks @cloudnine - the sales guy cunningly brought it round to my house for me to try whilst he filmed though I actually ended up playing that guitar on five separate occasions before committing to it - just call me picky!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    Holy cow - that's an amazing sounding guitar... if that's not edited/mixed down in any way after the recording? I mean obviously mic levels to take into consideration but there's no additional reverb or anything else put on it to enhance it, right? 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • No, I don't think there is anything on there at all - I didn't mix it but I know the guy who did and he didn't add reverb or any eq as far as I'm aware. Just mic'd up with a Neumann KM184 and a Gefell. They are great sounding guitars, this is exactly how it sounds in the room with you. I record this one each month for my acoustic column in Guitar Techniques and it's easy to capture. However, I would like to add something with a bit more of a "classic" sound to the collection (D18 perhaps) as this one has a very dominant sound if recorded in a track!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter