Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Introduction to Blues Soloing Video Course - Theory Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Introduction to Blues Soloing Video Course

stuartryanmusicstuartryanmusic Frets: 172
edited May 2014 in Theory
Hi Guys, Stuart from Guitar Techniques magazine here; I've just uploaded an 11 part introduction to blues soloing video series to youtube, would love to know what you think and hopefully this will help you all on your blues improv journey!

The first lesson is here - 

And the rest are here - 

All the best!

Stuart
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 958
    nice video,am going to practise what you have taught.thanks a lot :-)
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Thank you, glad it helped! I'll film some more soon so if anyone is after anything in particular just let me know. All the best, Stuart
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33263
    So, what do the membership feel about music radar/future staff using our forum in this way?
  • stuartryanmusicstuartryanmusic Frets: 172
    edited May 2014
    This has nothing to do with Future or MusicRadar, I am not actually employed directly by Future I simply write a freelance column for Guitar Techniques on acoustic guitar that has nothing to do with this content. My aim here is altruism for fretboard members but if it's not wanted I'll no longer share any content. I'm just a pro player looking to share my knowledge with early stage players.
    Thanks for clarifying.
    I was just asking for a comment from membership, particularly admins/mods as to whether this is permissible or desirable.

We parted ways with Future when they killed our forum and then made no comment beyond the fairly lame placeholder on the website.
    A few people are a bit shitted off with them, some are not bothered.

Forgive me for assuming you were future staff, but you did say 'Hi Guys, Stuart from Guitar Techniques magazine here' in your initial post.

• It's not a problem, I was not aware that there there had been issues with the old forum and that's very sad to hear - I'm just glad that there is a new place where we can gather. I'm proud of my role as a contributor to Guitar Techniques hence the mention but I can fully understand why that may cause an issue in this case. However, rest assured that I am here as me and nothing else!
  • dean2371dean2371 Frets: 138
    Hi Stuart, this is very generous, I for one am looking forward to learning from your videos.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    Free and helpful are always good. :)

It did read a bit like Future freeloading, but obviously not. Welcome to theFB.
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
    edited May 2014
    Free and helpful are always good. :)

It did read a bit like Future freeloading, but obviously not. Welcome to theFB.
    This is why I asked the question and was glad to have the situation clarified.
    I have no real issue with Future myself, but given we started this forum because they pulled the plug on our old home and then refused to discuss it, it seemed a bit odd to have someone from Future coming in here and posting.

Clearly this isn't the case- so I also welcome Stuart to theFB.
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    Thanks @stuartryanmusic. The thing I'm struggling with is incorporating licks etc into a rhythmic structure when playing unaccompanied. If you could do a vid on how to combine chords and scale playing, that would be great.
  • Hi Jellyroll, I've just been thinking of doing something along those lines, I'll fire the cameras up when I get some free time!