Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Vintage 1964 Epiphone Wilshire, player grade. - Guitars £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Vintage 1964 Epiphone Wilshire, player grade.

What's Hot
Hi all, up for sale is a killer sounding/playing early ‘64 Epiphone Wilshire:

This has been my personal gigging guitar for awhile, and sounds straight up amazing- tonally as much a ‘50s P90 Les Paul Special as it is a Tele, and plays great with a chunky neck and is feather weight, and the goldfoil mini hums sparkle and chime just as well as roar and grind- really a match made in heaven!

It has a thick slab Honduran mahogany body, same as a ‘50s DC Jnr, and a jet black quarter sawn Brazilian RW fretboard, and beautifully faded original cherry finish throughout.

The reason why it’s not £3250 like a totally stock example, is as the neck was reset at some point and while the glue joint was perfectly sound, someone went full belt and braces and added two small dowels under the original pickguard, and added a small Fender style neck plate on the back, which has been removed and cleaned up- the joint is totally sound, and the whole guitar resonates like nobody’s business and has zero impact on playability or tone.

The original pickups were MIA so I fitted some superb goldfoils from ‘Q pickups’ in Croatia, and the hardware is top notch Gibson Historic fare, and it comes with a decent ‘70s MIJ hard case.

All in all it’s a killer early ‘60s, original finish Gibson made guitar, that sounds great and has the feel, fit and finish of a late ‘50s Junior, for not a lot of money :+1: 

Price is £1650 OBO plus shipping, and I’m happy to supply any more pics/info as required, so just drop me a PM.

Thanks for looking, J@S
0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Bump and price drop to £1350 :-) This is a cracking vintage guitar, I’m sure someone will love!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BUMP and huge price drop to £950! I’m chasing something and am trying to operate a one in one out policy.. This is a killer early ‘60s original finish Gibson made guitar, that sounds and feels like an early SG, and would be a great low cost entry to the vintage experience :+1: 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SOLD! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MikeCMikeC Frets: 389
    Damn, you snooze you loose! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4537
    No way 
    damn it 
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 4636
    MikeC said:
    Have you been snoozing since 3rd June then?  ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MikeCMikeC Frets: 389
    Lol
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1257
    MikeC said:
    Have you been snoozing since 3rd June then?  ;)
    it wasnt £950 on the 3rd of june !  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I feel your pain. 
  • Mudz73Mudz73 Frets: 4
    Just joined the group & stumbled onto this! Wow!!! Seriously good buy for somebody! I doubt they'll ever let that go especially for what they paid!! What a beautiful guitar!
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Ugh why didn't I buy this lol
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 4636
    roberty said:
    Because you saw the pic of the neck heel?  ;)
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2198
    I am sure it re-sold on here after this..
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    roberty said:
    Because you saw the pic of the neck heel?  ;)
    FWIW I was saving for a house deposit at the time. Guitar prices have gone a bit mad since then but the house has appreciated more in £ terms, if not in %
  • Had the joy of playing this one, wish I'd grabbed it too!