Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). *SORTED* - EMG Pickup "Quick Connect" leads (3-Wire Solderless BOTH ends). - Parts £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

*SORTED* - EMG Pickup "Quick Connect" leads (3-Wire Solderless BOTH ends).

What's Hot
AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4610
edited April 2019 in Parts £
Does anyone have two EMG pickup connection wires that have solderless plugs both ends?
Maybe from a previous install or came along with pickups and you didn't use them?

I'll have to buy them new if I don't find anything here by the end of the week but I thought I'd ask.

They're a 3 wire lead. a black and a white wire (Signal) are inside a completely white sleeve, and a smaller red wire (Power) runs alongside it.

@ICBM ;;;
Do you have anything left over from a repair etc?

@Danny1969 ;;;
You use EMG's, do you have any?

I already have had, couldn't use and gave away the two connecting wires I had which were EMG solderless > bare wire. It's impossible to buy or recreate the EMG plug on the other end, I don't want to to solder it and the guitar I'm working on is using EMG pots and switch so i want it to be a fully solderless install.

Thanks for looking if you do and for any help or the parts I need.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Van_HaydenVan_Hayden Frets: 434
    I think they're Jameco 2.54mm connectors on those, it's been a while though!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4610
    edited April 2019
    I think they're Jameco 2.54mm connectors on those, it's been a while though!

Thanks, that's interesting and I will look it up but I've already given those Plug > Bare Wire leads away.
    I also remember fitting similar plugs to motorbikes years ago.

In this case I'd rather just plug one in and carry on with the guitar but thanks, I'll look into that for future.
    Ahh - I’ll see if I’ve got anything kicking around. 
    Ahh - I’ll see if I’ve got anything kicking around. 
    Thank you just for looking.
    Very much appreciated.
  • MLten80MLten80 Frets: 162
    look for Dupont connectors for a cheap alternative 
     they will work fine, I've used them before
  • MLten80MLten80 Frets: 162
    MLten80 said:
    look for Dupont connectors for a cheap alternative 
     they will work fine, I've used them before
    MLten80 said:

That really is interesting.
    I didn't know these existed like this.

It's not that I'm stuck to get these from EMG it's just that they have to be ordered and are usually most of £10 each.

I was hoping someone here had a pair of EMG leads that might sell them for £10 for the pair?

I'll look at those Dupont things more closely now though.
    EMG arrange theirs as 3 way plug at one end and a 2 way + 1 way at the other, so that the red wire can split to a different part of the board they connect to.

Thanks again, even if not for this guitar, those things look very useful for the future.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    I must have a few spares somewhere. In a recent Quick Connect format pickup trade with Mattayus, he declined all the wiring harness parts because he already had a surplus of them.
    Be seeing you.
    I must have a few spares somewhere. In a recent Quick Connect format pickup trade with Mattayus, he declined all the wiring harness parts because he already had a surplus of them.
    Matt’s a great guy, I first met him a couple of years ago. 

If you did have a couple that would be amazing. 
    Thanks for looking and replying. 
    edited April 2019
    Did anyone find a pair of these leads this week?

@Mattayus ;;;
    Do you have any kicking about?

EDIT: I've got some sorted now, thanks anyway Matt.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    Alnico said:
    I found four, still in the sealed clear plastic bags.

Apologies for the tardy reply. I am a mercenary swine. I tend to react more swiftly when I have been shown da money.  :3
    Be seeing you.
    Alnico said:
    I found four, still in the sealed clear plastic bags.

Apologies for the tardy reply. I am a mercenary swine. I tend to react more swiftly when I have been shown da money.  :3
    I’ll PM you. 
    Thanks. 
    Only got the 2 conductor versions in my box of bits. 
    Only got the 2 conductor versions in my box of bits. 
    Thanks for looking. 
    I appreciate it. 
  • MattayusMattayus Frets: 121
    Alnico said:

@Mattayus ;;;
    Do you have any kicking about?

EDIT: I've got some sorted now, thanks anyway Matt.
    I do have a couple actually mate.  I Think? Lol. Lemme know if you need more.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Mike58Mike58 Frets: 92
    Thanks for the Dupont link, hopefully one of their 5-pin connectors will allow a rewire of a project guitar to full health.
    This sort of tech minutiae is invaluable when you have hit a dead end with a project.