Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Cheapo locking tuners on ebay - don't waste your money - Other Reviews Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Cheapo locking tuners on ebay - don't waste your money

What's Hot
MegiiMegii Frets: 1669
...I have wasted some of mine, due to foolish curiosity. There are various ads on ebay for cheap locking tuner sets going for around a tenner or less, generally posted from China. I ordered a couple of sets just to see what the reality is - the pictures make them look very similar to decent sets sold by Northwest Guitars/Vanson Guitars etc. of which I do have good experience.

But is it a case of avoiding the price mark up, and getting the same quality for less, by cleverly bypassing the middleman? No! - what you get is a waste of time and metal. Yes they work, just about, but look really cheap, and are utterly horrible to use. I would post pictures, but I've already binned the offending tuners. Just in case anyone else is wondering anyhow, learn from my mistake. :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4110
    edited March 2019
    Tut tut...I would never be so foolish as to buy cheap stuff on eBay that turned out to be rubbish or fake.....

...except for that time I bought fake D'addario strings from an eBay seller who was also selling penis enlargement pumps....

...wait, or was it a fake penis enlargement pump from an eBay seller who was also selling D'addario strings?...

...er, move along, nothing to see....
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter