Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Javier Mas - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Javier Mas

What's Hot
thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2803
edited August 2013 in Music

Its hardly rock and roll, but went to see Leonard Cohen at the Bournemouth Internations Centre last night.  Cracking gig for a 78 years old.  Not far off 3 hours.  Anyway  this chap,  Javier Mas, played a wide selection of stringed instruments.  Best clip I can find is this into for a gog last year.  I have no idea what hes playing and you only need the first couple of minutes to get a feel for it, but he was on fire all night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfmjIFmHfKM

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    Is that a 12 string nylon strung guitar? :(|)
    The singer in my ska band was a big Cohen fan. There are rehearsal rooms in Birmingham that still now echo to failed attempts at skanking up Suzanne.
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2803
    He played several odd looking stringed instruments.  I think this is a 12-string bandurria, but there was also a Laud, a couple of standard classical and (i think) a balalaika, or bouzouki. 

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    thumpingrug;24296" said:
    He played several odd looking stringed instruments.  I think this is a 12-string bandurria, but there was also a Laud, a couple of standard classical and (i think) a balalaika, or bouzouki. 
    I think some of those are Greek aubergine dishes.
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter